“The coach”
Review of Sea Cliff Hotel

Sea Cliff Hotel
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 18 September 2013

From a 5 stars dream to nightmare. From quiet corridor to the middle of shopping center , close to the kindergarden and official toilet which was open whole night. That was my experience about Sea Cliff in Dar Es Salaam. Maybe the hotel building was 5 stars but I got only pay the 5 stars price and sleep in a grabby room, 200 meters from the other guests, but anyway I met them in the breakfast. A good advice my friends, when you´ll take the contact with Sea Cliff ask them where is your room, and don´t take a room in the shopping center, that was not good (*****).Börje

1  Thank jukka i
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Jukka I,

It is quite sad hearing that your experience at Sea Cliff was not satisfactory. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that you faced during your stay with us. The rooms you stayed in are in the ‘Village’, which is an extension of the main hotel. We do not falsely advertise these rooms as Sea view, as their rate is lower than the main hotel. We do take your feedback seriously and therefore our housekeeping & maintenance have been alerted about the problems that you faced during your stay. We hope you give us a second chance to accommodate you in one of our wonderful sea view rooms next time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have never been as afraid in any hotel as I was in 5 star Sea Cliff. Noisy room and the smell of waste in my bathroom was already bad enough, but in addition you could smell that there had been smokers before. The room was lonely at the end of narrow and dark hall. The view is outstanding and food was good, so if you aren't going to use your hotel room, I can recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Laael

Dear Laael,

We apologize for your unpleasant stay with our Hotel. It is against our policies for guests to smoke in rooms that are allocated as Non-Smoking. The housekeeping team works very hard to ensure that this does not occur. However we are glad that you enjoyed the food & view and hope you give us another chance to accommodate you in our main hotel next time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Booked a hotel from nice 5 star hotel with beautifull locacion close to sea and view. Ended up in a grabby room where paint was falling from the wall, aircondtioner was leaking water inside, windows were not possible to secure and the room was located in a separate building in the middle of shopping center away from the hotel with view to the next door office.

Not really what you could expect from a room that was sold as 5 star room under the brand of one of the best 5 star hotels in Dar and price that was more expensive than Hilton Double Tree or Southern Sun in Dar es Salaam, that I have previously stayded in Dar.

Product was defenetely not as descibed in the web page. Sad that they are getting greedy.

3  Thank PetteriA2013
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear PetteriA2013,

Greetings from Hotel Sea Cliff.

We are very sorry that your stay was with us was unpleasant. Unfortunately, there has been a misunderstanding. The travel agent that you booked through is aware of the difference between the ‘Village rooms’ which you were booked in to and rooms in the main hotel. We always advice all travel agencies to clarify to their guests about the type of rooms that our hotel offers. We understand your disappointment as you were not informed about these rooms however I assure you that our hotel does not falsely advertise these rooms as Sea view. Our website also states this.

The village rooms are an extension of the main hotel & tailor made keeping low budget travellers in mind. For a much lower rate, guests can enjoy the location & all the facilities provided by the main hotel. We apologize for the air conditioner and paint, our maintenance team is very quick in resolving these issues, I have passed your feedback to them.

We hope you will give us a second chance to accommodate you into one of our beautiful sea view rooms next time.

Kind Regards,

Chandni Vithlani, Sales Executive

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Sea Cliff is a wonderful destination. Located outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Dar. The hotel has a great feeling and provides comfortable and relaxing surroundings. The staff is numerous and fantastic. There breakfasts were amazing; fresh, prompt, and served with an ocean view. The Sea Cliff is about 8km from downtown, but with local traffic, traveling to and from the hotel takes just as long as any other comperable hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.

Dear KTSB,

Thank you for your review. Our location is indeed very unique as the hotel is located right at the edge of the Ocean. We are happy that you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere here at Sea Cliff and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. Excellent in all aspects especially the friendly service from staff who can not do enough for you. The rooms are well appointed, spotless and the sea views can't be beaten. The food at the restaurant was excellent with a wide selection to suit anyone's tastes.

• Stayed: September 2013
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear BenardJS,

Greetings from Sea Cliff Hotel.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Dar es salaam. And thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip advisor. It is great to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback not only is a great motivation to us but also gives other travelers a good opportunity to make an informed decision which hotel to stay in on their future visits to Dar es Salaam. I thank you once again for the best review!!!

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Apart from the spectacular view from any angle of the hotel on to the sea this place is a very enjoyable spot. The rooms, designed in a typical African setting, are spacious, clean and - everything works!
The restaurant right by the cliffs offers a wide variety of dishes and a decent wine list. It's a very lively spot especially on weekends when locals flock in.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Hastreng,

Greetings from Sea Cliff Hotel.

Thank you for taking your time to post a very nice review of our hotel on the Trip advisor. I am so happy to note that you had a wonderful time in our hotel Exceptional customer service is our goal and we strive to provide it every day for every guest and it is so gratifying to hear when we succeed. I certainly do hope you’ll return to Sea Cliff Hotel Dar es Salaam soon and possibly stay longer with us. Wish you all the best. We hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at the Sea Cliff Hotel for a month for business purposes. I have traveled all over the world and this hotel is, by far, my number one home away from home. The rooms and amenities are five star. The staff, from the maids to the administrators, were friendly, helpful and competent. The hotel restaurant is one of the finest I've experienced. It's location on the Indian Ocean; the great cuisine; and the superb service resulted in my visiting the restaurant on a daily basis. As a retired police commander, I was also impressed by the hotel's emphasis on security. I felt safe the entire time I was there. The hotel administration, business center and front desk staff took care of my every desire. It's unnerving at times to travel so far away from home in a foreign country, but by the time I left, I considered the employees of the Sea Cliff Hotel as my family. My sincere thanks to Nadine, Nana, Moses, Silvery, Grace and Marcus for making my stay the most enjoyable in my career. I plan to recommend the Sea Cliff Hotel and beautiful Tanzania to my American and international colleagues. It's a very special place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Ladycop,

Greetings from Sea Cliff Hotel.

Many thanks for posting your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Sea Cliff Hotel. We are very happy to note that we were able to find a room that suited your needs and that you enjoyed all of the very attentive service which we pride ourselves in delivering to all of our guests. We’re happy you felt safe during your entire stay with us. The safety of our guests in our hotel is our number one priority. I was very proud to read your comments about us and have already made a special point of sharing these words with my teammate. They are much appreciated.

I hope we will get a chance of serving you again soon!.

My kindest Regards,