“Solid Choice”
Review of Sea Cliff Hotel

Sea Cliff Hotel
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A great choice for a Westerner when staying in the city. Rooms are good and there is good security. You will be aggressively peddled to on the beach, but such is Africa. Decent food and attentive staff will help with anything you need.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Skullmann,

Thank you very much for posting a review on here; it makes a great difference to our staff to hear such appreciation.

We hope you choose stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I can certainly recommend.The Masai warrior doormen are a nice touch.The aircon - vital in Dar - is efficient. Great setting with a quiet pool. There is a fairly upmarket Indian restaurant, which serves quality Indian classics. We also had a noisy function on one day ( from 2pm I think) but it stopped by midnight and wasn't too much of a problem. Very comfortable beds. I liked the place and would certainly stay there again. Dar itself is a bit too hot for my liking.

Room Tip: We were furthest from the main entrance , i.e. nearest to the peninsula, which is probably the bette...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Anthony D
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Anthony D,

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I apologize for the noise as we had a Concert that night; however I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I picked the hotel based on the recommendations I read and was not disappointed. I checked in very quickly, the room was very nice with a view on the road but unfortunately there was a function ongoing next to the hotel an close to where my room was situated with very loud music and having been travelling for 24 hours I requested to be moved elsewhere. The Duty Manager was at my door 10 minutes later to help me out and I was given a fantastically located bigger room with view on the Indian ocean.
The conference arrangements were very good though our technician disappeared on day 2 and we had to manage with the projector, microphones etc.. ourselves.
Food was very good at the Alcove Restaurant and the personnel is quite friendly.
The Karambezi Cafe is a great place to unwind after a day's work.
Room service proved to be an ordeal at times because some of the staff did not seem to speak english very well. Otherwise, service was good.
There is a supermarket next door and a sea food restaurant & Spur where you can eat and charge your room.
Check out was a breeze.
The two issues I faced was on arrival at airport where I had to wait more than half an hour before finding the driver and also the lack of communication among personnel where I had to explain the same payment arrangements for my group to 5 different people.
Other than that, I would gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear littlemermaid63,

Thank you for a comprehensive and wonderful review of the hotel. Firstly, I want to apologize for the noise you experienced on the first day of your arrival because of the Concert that took place that night. I am glad that the problem was solved quickly and the duty manager was able to move you in a better room.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the relaxing ambiance of the hotel and a wide variety of Cuisine we have to offer on the Main property as well as the Village. The convenience of our guests is a priority and I am delighted to read that you found our services to be useful.

We hope to welcome you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I traveled to Dar Es Salaam on business and booked into the Sea Cliff Hotel. A fantastic setting right on the edge of the Indian Ocean. The hotel accommodation is comfortable and spacious - perfect for a business traveler. The Staff are attentive and provide an excellent service. I would highly recommenced this Hotel for the business traveler

Room Tip: For the Business Traveler the delux room in the Sea Cliff Village is more than enough. Wifi is relia...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rowan B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Sea Cliff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be comfortably suited for business travellers. I am also glad to note that you experienced excellent service from the Staff; your feedback will surely be passed on to the team.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

we visited the sea cliff quite a few times in the 6 months working in dar and was always welcomed with smiling faces and all staff very polite. The view is fantastic and with the nice cool breeze it was very enjoyable. the food was good and nice cool drinks after a hard days working it was nice just to relax at a place like this

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sea-Cliff-Hotel, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Dave J,

Thank you for posting a review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our services and found the ambiance to be quite relaxing. It was a pleasure to have you visit us a few times and we hope to welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We arrived at 18:30 to check into two rooms- both rooms were not ready when we arrived which was unacceptable. The rooms: mine was tastefully decorated in a safari style and I had a great sea view. My parents room however had damp stale smelling sheets totally unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. On the bright side our concierge and porter was lovely and helped rectify things.
We have been regulars at this hotels restaurant for many years as the food and service has always been excellent and it is a beautiful resort to entertain guests and family as well as having business meetings so our stay was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear London2024,

Greetings from Sea Cliff.

I notice that it has been quite a while since your stay with us in December 2012. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapses that occurred during your stay. We apologize for the room standard falling below your expectations however I can assure you that this was a onetime experience and certainly not the standard of service the team prides itself on.

We thank you for the compliments and being a loyal guest to our hotel. While I am happy about that, we truly value your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve. We thank you for all the comments and hope you continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great location,on the Msasani Peninsula, two good places to eat at the hotel, and next to a shopping center. Has a gym, pool, and space to relax and catch up on work. Request a sea view when you check in and they'll probably give it to you.

Witnessed some pretty insane sunsets from the pool over the sea. Great breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ombu,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay. Your feedback is much appreciated and valued. The property has one of the most beautiful views as we are located at the very end of the peninsula by the Indian Ocean. I am quite pleased to know that your experience was a relaxing one and that you enjoyed our pool, gym, buffet breakfast and nearby shopping centre. The convenience of our guests is one of our top most priorities and we try our utmost to ensure that their stay is as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,