Sea Cliff Hotel
US$122
US$119
US$224
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
US$123
US$114
Agoda.com
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$133
US$127
US$215
US$189
Orbitz.com
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$177
US$116
  • Breakfast included
US$161
US$136
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$81
US$75
Agoda.com
Sea Cliff Court(Dar es Salaam)
US$170
US$141
Travelocity
All reviewsindian oceanwhere breakfast is servedoverlooking the oceanindian restaurantlovely hotelmsasani peninsulacomfortable roomsbusiness tripbusiness centerhome away from homecity centrenanaalcovedartanzaniagymsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great restaurant, nice location by the sea, pleasant staff, clean... nothing to complain about - apart from the drive into the centre of town. There is a helicopter on site but that seemed a bit excessive to use as a taxi. I think you can use it to get to the airport if you're feeling a bit James Bond.

Room Tip: Insist on a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Rexlombardo,

Thank you for the pleasant review. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. The helicopter is a great facility we have on site for guests who would like to explore the city. Most of our guests also love the convenience of planning a trip to Zanzibar Island and safaris right from the Hotel!

We hope you enjoyed Dar es Salaam and return to stay with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

A great choice for a Westerner when staying in the city. Rooms are good and there is good security. You will be aggressively peddled to on the beach, but such is Africa. Decent food and attentive staff will help with anything you need.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Skullmann,

Thank you very much for posting a review on here; it makes a great difference to our staff to hear such appreciation.

We hope you choose stay with us again!

Regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I can certainly recommend.The Masai warrior doormen are a nice touch.The aircon - vital in Dar - is efficient. Great setting with a quiet pool. There is a fairly upmarket Indian restaurant, which serves quality Indian classics. We also had a noisy function on one day ( from 2pm I think) but it stopped by midnight and wasn't too much of a problem. Very comfortable beds. I liked the place and would certainly stay there again. Dar itself is a bit too hot for my liking.

Room Tip: We were furthest from the main entrance , i.e. nearest to the peninsula, which is probably the better end
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Anthony D
SeacliffMarketing, Sales Executive at Sea Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Anthony D,

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I apologize for the noise as we had a Concert that night; however I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I picked the hotel based on the recommendations I read and was not disappointed. I checked in very quickly, the room was very nice with a view on the road but unfortunately there was a function ongoing next to the hotel an close to where my room was situated with very loud music and having been travelling for 24 hours I requested to be moved elsewhere. The Duty Manager was at my door 10 minutes later to help me out and I was given a fantastically located bigger room with view on the Indian ocean.
The conference arrangements were very good though our technician disappeared on day 2 and we had to manage with the projector, microphones etc.. ourselves.
Food was very good at the Alcove Restaurant and the personnel is quite friendly.
The Karambezi Cafe is a great place to unwind after a day's work.
Room service proved to be an ordeal at times because some of the staff did not seem to speak english very well. Otherwise, service was good.
There is a supermarket next door and a sea food restaurant & Spur where you can eat and charge your room.
Check out was a breeze.
The two issues I faced was on arrival at airport where I had to wait more than half an hour before finding the driver and also the lack of communication among personnel where I had to explain the same payment arrangements for my group to 5 different people.
Other than that, I would gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear littlemermaid63,

Thank you for a comprehensive and wonderful review of the hotel. Firstly, I want to apologize for the noise you experienced on the first day of your arrival because of the Concert that took place that night. I am glad that the problem was solved quickly and the duty manager was able to move you in a better room.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the relaxing ambiance of the hotel and a wide variety of Cuisine we have to offer on the Main property as well as the Village. The convenience of our guests is a priority and I am delighted to read that you found our services to be useful.

We hope to welcome you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I traveled to Dar Es Salaam on business and booked into the Sea Cliff Hotel. A fantastic setting right on the edge of the Indian Ocean. The hotel accommodation is comfortable and spacious - perfect for a business traveler. The Staff are attentive and provide an excellent service. I would highly recommenced this Hotel for the business traveler

Room Tip: For the Business Traveler the delux room in the Sea Cliff Village is more than enough. Wifi is reliable and free
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rowan B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Sea Cliff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be comfortably suited for business travellers. I am also glad to note that you experienced excellent service from the Staff; your feedback will surely be passed on to the team.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Best Regards,