“Get a seaview, its the best ghing about the hotel”
Review of New Africa Hotel

New Africa Hotel
Ranked #19 of 98 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is very close to the ferry termjnal for Zanzibar. It is safe to walk along the seafront but not at night. Hotel beds are lumpy and bedding is old and worn, otherwise its all fine with a good bar with great bar food.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must, rooms are a good size, wifi is poor
1  Thank jane1storm
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and submitting this review. I am glad that you chose to stay with us and enjoyed the sea view.

With regards to the feedback, i have taken note of it and will work on this immediately.

Siddharth chaudhry

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here en route zanzibar and walked in to the hotel and got ourselves a sea facing room.
Staff is very helpful. The manager sorted us out with a special deal since it was a Friday and the hotel had a special rate going.
Room comes with free breakfast and free Internet. The masseur from phillipines was very good and effective at her job
The hotel has a nice bar on the first floor that was really busy with all locals on Friday evening. Nice band playing and a good vibe. Casino is right adjacent but we are the biggest gamblers so didn't visit. Staff helped us with ferry tickets. Thanks for that and they welcomed us again by giving their email addresses.
Nice gesture.
Btw- this is the closest hotel to zanzibar ferry terminal so I would definitely recommend this.
Ta!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay and the staff went the extra mile in making your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

We are the closest hotel to Zanzibar ferry terminal / all major banks, government offices and financial institutions and are the first choice hotel for many travellers due to city centre location and also due to the fact that our rooms give the best views of the stunning Dar Es Salaam harbour.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel for your next stay.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My 3 day business trip to Tanzania reaped good results, thanks to the people behind New Africa Hotel. The staff and customer relations managers were so friendly and helpful - taking extra mile in assisting their clients. Btw, the room and facilities are fanstastic as well. I look forward to returning to this cozy hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying wirth us and for this wonderful review!!

I will share this with my team and this will motivate us to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction. We look forward to your future trips to Dar. Please let me know if i can be of any help in arranging airport transfers / tickets.

gm@newafricahotel.com

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent a night at the New Africa Hotel in a pool view room after finishing a 5 week overland trip. The front of house staff were really great in accepting our spur of the moment booking, and helping out two weary travellers. The room was really lovely, and the shower was awesome! Found it very convenient location for walking around the CBD area of Dar es Salaam. Well maintained hotel with a swimming pool, bar, several in house restaurants and good service. Breakfast was included in our rate, and it was a buffet style with a really good selection including both local and western options. I would definitely come back here for a stay.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are great - over looks the centrally located swimming pool. No road noise, and no co...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your personal experience in this review.
We are indeed glad that you liked the hotel, its city centre location in with spectacular view of Dar Es Salaam Harbour. Thank you for your special mention and appreciation of the hotel ambience, our contemporary lobby / bar / pool design and style.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay overall, thank you for your special mention about the efficient service delivery by our associates. Our Chef joins in to thank you for your appreciation of the breakfast offerings.

Please write to me for your future queries to Dar at gm@newafricahotel.com and i will be extremely delighted to tailor-make your trip.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at New Africa Hotel, Dar for three days.Tucked in the middle of a happening business hub of dares-salaam, it is a piece untouched by the authentic dar-es-salaam.The hotel is well maintained with neat rooms,gym,pool,lounge,restaurants giving it a premium touch to it. Hotel has an Indian and Thai restaurant, the taste still lingering in my mouth. We were there on a business trip and hotel wifi was something I looked forward to. I am moderately satisfied with the wifi connectivity. The restaurant has a beautiful view of Dar-es-salaam port.The personnel in the office was very attentive and hospitable. I had the security chap walk with me to guide me to the nearest Air-time recharge hub,so as to charge his phone and make a call to loved ones back home because I was sim-less for a good duration :p People in Tanzania are very friendly, no doubt about that! Breakfast spread was good as well, you get those big bananas something indigenous to tropical geography.The hotel arranges airport pick up and drop for it's clients.Overall, I would strongly recommend this place for tourists/corporates.

Room Tip: Pool side room gives a direct view to the pool, or else your windows would open up to Walls and I am...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review about your experience at our hotel.
We are glad that we could offer you a memorable experience; your comments are indeed very encouraging. We strive hard to offer our guests inspiring and enriching moments that can
bring a smile to the face and delight them. Your feedback is truly motivating and will drive us further in our efforts. We will certainly share your review with our entire team
Thank you once again for this most meaningful and positive endorsement our Hotel and the service delivery. Thank you for rating our food so highly, it will be a huge motivation for all our chef's and will be truly inspiring for the entire team at Sawasdee - Dar's best authentic Thai restaurant.
We look forward to your future visits and we are confident that you will continue to enjoy similar and even more enhanced experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Really good hotel. There's a bar with snacks, grill restaurant and top floor Thai place with views of the port. The breakfast buffet is really top notch too.
The rooms are good. I was in a club room that had everything I needed and was clean.
Staff are everywhere and always happy to help. If I'm back in Dar I would be stating here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am glad that we were able to maintain the high standards of service that we always aim for.

We look forward to your next visit.

Gm@newafricahotel.com

Reviewed 23 July 2014

New Africa Hotel is located in Dar Es Salaam central business district and is therefore very convenient for those who are in town on business. The rooms are modest but clean and well appointed; bathrooms are clean and there is very good water pressure. There is a good sized desk and comfortable chair which a guest can work from. Complimentary bottles of water are provided every day and there is a mini-bar in each room should you need a nightcap. Whereas there are enough sockets in the room, they are all taken up by lighting fixtures and this means a guest has to choose between light and say phone charging. Each room comes with a small safe for your valuables.

Food at this hotel is good, the Thai restaurant on the 9th floor is a must for anyone staying here. The breakfast buffet served at the first floor restaurant was interesting; the hotel serves a mix of Indian inspired fare and local Swahili delicacies, the usual eggs, sausages etc are also available. At the end of the day, you can unwind at the very lively bar on the first floor which is patronized by residents of the hotel as well as the locals.

The service at New Africa hotel is it's one let down; it was painfully slow. The hotel touts itself as having fast internet access but this is certainly not the case, at least not in the rooms. The only place that seemed to have a consistent and stable connection was the hotel lobby but even then it was very slow. This is a shame considering that this is hardly a budget hotel.

This is good hotel for that short business trip in Dar.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have the poorest wifi signal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for staying at New Africa Hotel.

We appreciate the time taken by you and i will share this feedback with my entire team. We take a lot of pride in delivering the highest levels of customer service and will strive to achieve the same with every guest visit.

Thank you for rating us highly in temrs of food and rooms and location. I am glad that you liked your dinner at Sawasdee- Dar Es Salaam's best thai restaurant. We have a thai masterchef at Sawasdee who is always ready to cook the best Thai dishes as per guests's specific taste.

We have invested money in a brand new WIFI system for better guest comfort and i can promise you that the system will be up and running shortly. I will personally email you once it is done. As for slow service, i will take up the matter with my team and make sure this is not repeated.

I hope to be of service to you again and you can write to me directly on gm@newafricahotel.com.