Peacock Hotel Limited
US$122
US$119
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$224
Seascape Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$70
US$130
US$126
US$76
US$60
US$338
US$325
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$180
US$116
Agoda.com
US$161
US$136
Travelocity
Best Western CBD Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$119
US$115
Orbitz.com
All reviewson wednesdaysthird floorclear signagenew winglive bandconvenient hoteldepending on trafficcentral darpool barlong flightchecking outrooms are spacioustanzaniaferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Me and my friend stayed only for one night since we came with the ferry from Unguja and was going to leave Dar the next day.A hotel with decent standard for a decent price i undoubltedly hard to find at first glance - even though i know a few places cheaper than the Peacock. Surprisingly, accomodation with decent standard are rather expensive in east africa.
i gave it a try since a friend¨s friend knew the owner.
Anywho, i Would like to say that for like 110 US per night it is a good option if that price appeals to you. If you can, try to agree about a price in advance since i know that sometimes its higher and sometimes is lower.
The hotel has a very good standard and have been established since 26 yrs back, though considerable renovation has been going once since then. The staff was excellent and friendly.

The location might not be the best since along Bibi Tit Mohammed Rd but its just a short walk to the more central parts of Dar (that in question if Dar actually has a "center"). There are two resturants and bars which are nice with good personell. We paid 110 USD for a twin-room and i believe that is a ok price for what you get in comparison to other alternatives for a similar price.
Will stay there again if i am able to pay for it!
Kwa Herini

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I normally like staying at the Protea Hotels (Courtyard or Oyster) when in Dar es Salaam but due to the fact I had an important early morning business meeting in town, I chose to stay at the Peacock Hotel City Centre (I realized later that Protea Courtyard would also have worked!!). I was not sure how I would find it but I was surprise by the service I got for the 3 nights I was there. The rooms are really nicely done and the food is great! However, being on the 7 floor, there was a bit of noise in the early evenings as furniture was being moved across on the 8th floor (dont know what was happening there).
Lastly, the staff at the reception as well as in the restaurant need to develop finesse in how they deliver their services to clients. It is not enough just to serve someone and to smile.

Room Tip: Avoid the 7 floor - rooms 714-718 - a lot of noise from floor 8 above.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have stayed at the Peacock a couple of times on my way in and out of Tanzania. The rooms were clean, the service was very good, the food in the restaurant was okay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Food was really great and we slept so deeply in the confortable bed.
However, the bathroom was not 100% (broken tiles, ...) and the pool was dirty.
There could be some better places for that price

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Peacock Hotel offers an inconsistent experience. I stayed there twice in April 2012 and found that the staff could be charming or rude and the rooms could be dreadful or excellent.

The first experience was a late night arrival off a flight from Nairobi. Check felt like an inconvenience to the staff who seemed surprised that anyone would want to stay there . The room on the third floor was poor with awful lighting , cold water - just not what I was looking for.
The check out was a mess with the staff completely uninformed that the bill had already been settled.

I returned a couple of days later to charming reception staff , a lovely room on the fifth floor and overall a much better experience. On this occasion I had a well kept , well fitted room with a comfortable bed.

It seems that a guest needs to make clear that they will be coming and that they expect a good room with good service prior to arrival.

What is consistent about this hotel is the poor quality of the breakfast. The buffet is just not up to scratch perhaps with the one mildly redeeming factor that it opens early if you need to hit the road.

Wifi access is good and included in the price of the room. The young lady who runs the business centre is most heplful and pleasant.

I have stayed elsewhere in Dar sometimes at lower cost and had a better experience. I stayed there it was fine but I would not be looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: The fifth floor is best. Room 517 is a wifi blackspot. maybe ask to see the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business