Peacock Hotel Limited
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$288
US$274
US$224
US$139
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$175
Orbitz.com
US$413
US$272
  • Spa
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$65
  • Breakfast included
All reviewson wednesdaysthird floorclear signagenew winglive bandconvenient hoteldepending on trafficcentral darpool barlong flightchecking outrooms are spacioustanzaniaferry
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel may be coasting on some old days bygone when there was no competition,but this hotel needs to keep up - there are others who offer superior service for better prices. But the stafd are very friendly.

We had a frustrating conference experience as we were put in a shady building in the back which required getting lost in stairways and parking lots trying to find the way. Broken overhead projector,no screen. But the stafd are very friendly.

Overall a frustrating experience. Will not use this place again and would recommend against using it for conferences. So, the staff are very friendly,but that can only get you so far.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Surfacescan
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have been to this hotel before but my January 2013 overnight stay was a great dissapointment. The hotel is well located in downtown central Dar es Salaam.This was a business trip to nearby government offices,hence my choice of Peacock in order to avoid the traffic jams prevalent during peak hours.The exterior and hotel lobby were immaculately clean.Check in was fast but my frustration started after check in.I was allocated room 618 on the sixth floor.My dissapointment was that wi-fi signal was erratic.I did immediately take it up with the receptionist enquiring why I was allocated a room that has no/weak wi-fi signal when I had insisted ,prior to check in, that I wanted a room with wi-fi and had been given prior assurance.A technician was despatched who,upon entering my room, stated that it is only the 6th floor lobby that has a strong signal.Meaning:I have to leave my air conditioned room with my ipad and work on the couch of the 6th floor hotel lobby under the sweltering heat!No alternative room was offered.Here was a question of credibility of the staff.If they knew that they did not have a free room with a strong wi-fi signal they should have told me from the outset when I had enquired at the time of wanting to check in. Admission after I have paid is a rip off and dishonest act.The next issue was the shower.It was not working in the morning when I wanted to rush to my meetings.Water was coming from the tap but not the shower.It was not functional!I had to take a bath using my hands from the knee high tap and splash myself with the water.Does the hotel have maintenance?Maybe , but I did not have the time to wait and witness a plumbing job.That was not what I came for.I did protest and checked out the same morning.The positives: courteous and cheerful staff,good breakfast buffet.All in all,it was not worth the USD 95 at all.

Room Tip: rear rooms are better to avoid the highway traffic noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Munir T
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is an Excellent Cheap hotel for Short stay.
For 85 USD BB this is the best you can get in city center so far.
The rooms are tiny & outdated but Clean.
Breakfast is repetitive but fine.
3 times a week they provide Open buffet with live entertainment. The best was the Tanzanian traditional show. This only cost 20 USD.
The staff is friendly & kind.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AMFCairoEgypt
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here most of the times I am in dar es salaam which is about twice a year. The hotel is in a convenient location on the main road. The staff are excellent and welcome you with genuine Tanzanian hospitality. The rooms are very clean and decent. The food is superb and the breakfast selection is wide and excellent. There is a special Tanzania themed night on Wednesdays?? That is good for enjoying local cuisine and listening to local music. Try it and you will love it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My wife and I love the friendliness of this hotel. Conventiently located, very friendly staff, fine food and - for us the highlight - each Wednesday's 'Tanzanian Night', with an extensive buffet of good-quality local food. Nice park opposite and good walks around the hotel, especially in the early evenings.

Room Tip: For the Tanzanian Night book a table near the entertainment in advance and arrive at 6.55 pm
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business