“Clean, great service, great location”

Peacock Hotel Limited
Ranked #60 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
New York City, New York
“Clean, great service, great location”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel is very clean, staff are prompt and very kind especially the women who work in the restaurant. The food is very delicious and the festival of Tanzania on Wednesday nights is a great treat. I do think this hotel is a little overpriced.

The pool is pretty to look at but I doubt if anyone has ever used it. It does have wireless out there and it's nice to work on the tables.

The showers do not have hot water. It's cold to lukewarm at best.

Ask for a room -01 to -10 all other rooms in the middle of the hotel are very dark.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gainesville,Fl
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

It was my third time staying at Peacock, I loved as always. The front desk agents are very friendly and make you feel home! The Grill Night on Mondays by the swimming pool are special, Tanzania nights at the8th floor gives you an idea of Culinary Tradition and the Traditional show is very entertaining, and a plus is the wonderful night view from the Restaurant. I enjoyed so much my room on the 5th floor, extremely clean and organized, feels like home! Any time I decided to return to Dar Es Salaam I definitely will stay at Peacock again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Graziela C
lusaka
Reviewed 9 April 2013

i must say this hotel does give you value for your money,when it comes to the rooms and the service,but watch out for the food,thumbs down!was so dissappointed that i only just slept there and did not eat from there.i loved that they have a glass elevator so you can see outside as you go up and down.bathroom could be bigger.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nyalumanda
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed at the Peacock overnight en route to Zanzibar, and thankfully arrived late and left early. The inbetween was a lot of bad and a little good; when we first arrived at our room, we noticed that the toilet had obviously been used. When we requested for someone to come and clean it we were told to wait. We suggested we just go to the bar and could be contacted there once housekeeping was finished but were told we had to wait in the room. After a few other problems, we were given a different room with different issues.
The food was nice, but even though our safari company paid full board we were charged for dinner and only a few lengthy arguments settled things eventually. Staff attitude at reception left a lot to be desired, and housekeeping staff seemed a little clueless, although very friendly.
Sadly, the only buzz provided at the Peacock was by the mosquitoes in the reception area. Couldn't recommend it if I tried.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julia B

Travellers are raving about these Dar es Salaam hotels

Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel may be coasting on some old days bygone when there was no competition,but this hotel needs to keep up - there are others who offer superior service for better prices. But the stafd are very friendly.

We had a frustrating conference experience as we were put in a shady building in the back which required getting lost in stairways and parking lots trying to find the way. Broken overhead projector,no screen. But the stafd are very friendly.

Overall a frustrating experience. Will not use this place again and would recommend against using it for conferences. So, the staff are very friendly,but that can only get you so far.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Surfacescan
Mombasa, Coast, Kenya
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have been to this hotel before but my January 2013 overnight stay was a great dissapointment. The hotel is well located in downtown central Dar es Salaam.This was a business trip to nearby government offices,hence my choice of Peacock in order to avoid the traffic jams prevalent during peak hours.The exterior and hotel lobby were immaculately clean.Check in was fast but my frustration started after check in.I was allocated room 618 on the sixth floor.My dissapointment was that wi-fi signal was erratic.I did immediately take it up with the receptionist enquiring why I was allocated a room that has no/weak wi-fi signal when I had insisted ,prior to check in, that I wanted a room with wi-fi and had been given prior assurance.A technician was despatched who,upon entering my room, stated that it is only the 6th floor lobby that has a strong signal.Meaning:I have to leave my air conditioned room with my ipad and work on the couch of the 6th floor hotel lobby under the sweltering heat!No alternative room was offered.Here was a question of credibility of the staff.If they knew that they did not have a free room with a strong wi-fi signal they should have told me from the outset when I had enquired at the time of wanting to check in. Admission after I have paid is a rip off and dishonest act.The next issue was the shower.It was not working in the morning when I wanted to rush to my meetings.Water was coming from the tap but not the shower.It was not functional!I had to take a bath using my hands from the knee high tap and splash myself with the water.Does the hotel have maintenance?Maybe , but I did not have the time to wait and witness a plumbing job.That was not what I came for.I did protest and checked out the same morning.The positives: courteous and cheerful staff,good breakfast buffet.All in all,it was not worth the USD 95 at all.

Room Tip: rear rooms are better to avoid the highway traffic noise