“Lovely experience”

Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited the place while my trip to Tanzania and my experience was good . Cordial staff , restaurants serving great food , neatly maintained resort property and above all the amazing beach .The name "White Sands" justifies itself .

We also took a boat ride which was enjoyable and had a gala time altogether .

I look forward to visiting this place again when I visit Dar next time ....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Pritt4321,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your compliment on the hotel facilities, quality of the food and the service of our STAFF,most certainly motivate us to maintain the highest levels of GUEST service possible.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jacques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having had enough of the working week in Dar I contacted the ever-friendly general manager to see if I could get a room for the Saturday night. Within 5 minutes he had emailed me a great deal and I was on my way. Great room (a suite), very quiet, clean and big! Saturday spent by the pool and served by brilliant staff, dinner with a group of friends in the evening and back to the pool on Sunday. Terrific. Fantastic clean beach as well. The only criticism would be the restaurant. Although the food was good it should be better. If it gets the standard up then WS will definitely be a destination for the many people who live nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greg R
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Graig R,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Knowing that we have provided you with the ideal breakaway, certainly encourages my TEAM and STAFF to do even better.

You will be pleased to know that we are currently upgrading our restaurant facilities and soon a new concept will be launched that will enhance all food and beverage services at the hotel.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We are back in Morogoro today after spending a wonderful weekend at the White Sands with our son, daughter in law and two grand children aged 5.5 and 2.5 years who were on holiday from Ireland, at Beach Cottage 116 .The beach cottage is in a fabulous location with some lawn in front which runs down to a lovely white sandy beach which was great for the children. The pool was very popular and the children's pool was great for the two year old.The staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was to die for, I have traveled to many countries but the assortment of fruit and choice was just tops. The pizza and snacks around the pool were delicious. We choose to have a la carte at night rather than the huge buffet. There was a good healthy choice and the waitress went out of her way to get the children some pasta from the buffet without any hassle.One recommendation I would have it that the management get a children's channel on the TV which is good to have when the sun gets too hot. I did mention this to Tarryn. Thank you White Sands for a lovely stay and hope to see you in early January when our daughter and family come to visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mariea064
Dear Mariea064,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your comments about our facility and our services are much appreciated. It is really comforting to know that our GUESTS are enjoying their stay at the hotel and the compliments will certainly encourage my TEAM and STAFF to maintain and hopefully improve.

Your comment about the availability of a children's channel has been noted and you will be pleased to know that we have asked our service providers to add a children's channel.

Thank you once again and wishing you a beautiful festive season and looking forward to welcoming you back in January 2014.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have now stayed at the White Sands in Jangwani Beach in Dar es Salaam twice in the last month for just over a week both stays. The resort is a fabulous location on the beach with excellent facilities and I would say ideal for both business and pleasure. The management and staff are excellent and so easy to get along with and very friendly. The food is very good and the menu provides enough variety for an extended stay. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable with excellent air conditioning - this is particularly useful for working during the day.

I hope White Sands becomes a regular location for me for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Beach view and garden view rooms are both excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan B
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Alan B,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your compliments on the hotel's services and facilities are very much appreciated. Knowing that we are meeting your expectations, certainly will motivate my TEAM to maintain service levels and hopefully encourage them to improve.

Please inform me when you intend to stay with us again as it will be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stay in Dar Es Salaam and their are allot of fun places to go to to but every time I wanted to go to White Sands people talked me out of it cause they have the perception that its dirty, bad food etc. So one Sunday I decided to go their and what a surprise I got this paradise you don't need to go to Zanzibar or any where else in the world. Great food ,awesome service ,clean beaches ,sparkling pools a jetty with a bar that is to die for and theirs even a water park for the kids and much more.

I don't know where the perception started of it being bad but I tell you they are all wrong this is the Gem of Dar !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear CJLEACH,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent experience of the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. It is comforting to know that we are starting to change the mindsets of those that has visit the property prior to the new management change. Our new Executive Chef will be extremely happy to hear that you have enjoyed the quality of the cuisine. I will definitely share this with the rest of the STAFF as it will encourage everyone to help take the hotel to the next level.

Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had such a excellent stay at White Sands.

Thumbs up for the Management and staff.

It is noticed from the start that the facility is very well managed. The maintenance and upgrading is uplifting to see.

The Service from staff is well coordinate and a general sense of care is felt throughout.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ressas,

Thank you for complimenting the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your feedback with regard to the upgrading and maintenance of the hotel will be welcomed with open arms by the owners, STAFF and management. We pride ourselves in the quality of the service and product that we offer and it is good to see that our efforts are bearing fruit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon,

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I spent 4 days at the White Sands for a conference in September. I must compliment management and the staff for a most enjoyable stay. The location is unbelievable and the grounds are absolutely beautiful and well kept. The rooms are very neat and well kept and well prepared when it is time to go to bed. The restaurant is providing outstanding food and the waiters and staff are always friendly and at hand to help. The staff at the reception desk is very friendly and always willing to assist to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay. If they can't help you immediately they will find out and come back to you. The view from the bedrooms is one to die for overlooking the ocean and the most beautiful sunrise one can dream of. I also had the privilege to do scuba diving the Friday, unfortunately I cannot say the same about the local dive centre. Unfortunately the principle of the dive centre was never there to discuss a dive opportunity and the equipment leaves a fowl taste in your mouth. The cylinders and wet suits are old and in a shocking state. Fortunately I took my own gear. It took us nearly 45minutes to get the one engine of the boat started. Definitely not a professional outfit, although the dive master was and the dive was superb. The coral on the reef was unbelievable.

Room Tip: Ground floor units walk out onto lawns.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Etienne,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Knowing that our services and facilities have made your stay enjoyable will certainly be well received by the TEAM here at the hotel.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the See Breeze diving centre. I have shared your concerns with the powers that be and they assured me that your constructive feedback will be applied effectively.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.