All reviews mbudya island indian ocean conference venue beautiful resort clean beach seafood ocean view mosquito net sandals dar tanzania tide traffic safari
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We hosted a conference for 130 delegates. The staff were brilliant and helpful. Always on hand to assist with any request from our side. Beautiful rooms. Beds were turned down every night and mosquito repellent was sprayed in the rooms every night. The GM met us as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Dar es Salaam

Room Tip: 2 Bed apartments are good for 3 ppl sharing and families
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Glynis G
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Glynis D,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Knowing that we have provided you with a great conference experience makes us extremely proud. My management and STAFF will be very delighted by your positive feedback and motivate them to strive for excellence even more.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was at the White Sands running a conference with colleagues in the HIV field. By the time I left I knew the staff and I can't think of a problem they didn't address. The guys running the restaurant actually stand to one side, checking to make sure there are no problems. very good conference venue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cape-Town-Steve
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Cape-Town - Steve,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre experience. It gives us great pleasure to learn that we are providing our GUESTS with excellent facilities and great service. I will ensure that your review is shared with my management and STAFF and rest assured, your comments will encourage all of them to maintain and do their best ,to meet your and our future GUEST expectations, consistently and continuously.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited the place while my trip to Tanzania and my experience was good . Cordial staff , restaurants serving great food , neatly maintained resort property and above all the amazing beach .The name "White Sands" justifies itself .

We also took a boat ride which was enjoyable and had a gala time altogether .

I look forward to visiting this place again when I visit Dar next time ....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Pritt4321,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your compliment on the hotel facilities, quality of the food and the service of our STAFF,most certainly motivate us to maintain the highest levels of GUEST service possible.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having had enough of the working week in Dar I contacted the ever-friendly general manager to see if I could get a room for the Saturday night. Within 5 minutes he had emailed me a great deal and I was on my way. Great room (a suite), very quiet, clean and big! Saturday spent by the pool and served by brilliant staff, dinner with a group of friends in the evening and back to the pool on Sunday. Terrific. Fantastic clean beach as well. The only criticism would be the restaurant. Although the food was good it should be better. If it gets the standard up then WS will definitely be a destination for the many people who live nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg R
Jacques d, General Manager at Hotel White Sands - The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Graig R,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Knowing that we have provided you with the ideal breakaway, certainly encourages my TEAM and STAFF to do even better.

You will be pleased to know that we are currently upgrading our restaurant facilities and soon a new concept will be launched that will enhance all food and beverage services at the hotel.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We are back in Morogoro today after spending a wonderful weekend at the White Sands with our son, daughter in law and two grand children aged 5.5 and 2.5 years who were on holiday from Ireland, at Beach Cottage 116 .The beach cottage is in a fabulous location with some lawn in front which runs down to a lovely white sandy beach which was great for the children. The pool was very popular and the children's pool was great for the two year old.The staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was to die for, I have traveled to many countries but the assortment of fruit and choice was just tops. The pizza and snacks around the pool were delicious. We choose to have a la carte at night rather than the huge buffet. There was a good healthy choice and the waitress went out of her way to get the children some pasta from the buffet without any hassle.One recommendation I would have it that the management get a children's channel on the TV which is good to have when the sun gets too hot. I did mention this to Tarryn. Thank you White Sands for a lovely stay and hope to see you in early January when our daughter and family come to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariea064

Dear Mariea064,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay at the Hotel White Sands, Resort and Conference Centre. Your comments about our facility and our services are much appreciated. It is really comforting to know that our GUESTS are enjoying their stay at the hotel and the compliments will certainly encourage my TEAM and STAFF to maintain and hopefully improve.

Your comment about the availability of a children's channel has been noted and you will be pleased to know that we have asked our service providers to add a children's channel.

Thank you once again and wishing you a beautiful festive season and looking forward to welcoming you back in January 2014.