“Squid or bacon, I wonder.”
Review of Samaki samaki

Samaki samaki
Ranked #23 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We traveled thru heavy traffic to visit this fun place. The atmosphere is great and music is good. Lost of local witch always is a good sign.

We ordered grilled octopus and garlic scampi, one with fries and one with salad. The waitress said that all the dishes took 20 minutes to prepare, witch was totally fine in a busy place like this. They both came with salad... And the octopus had a REALLY strong taste of bacon and was seriously hard grilled witch left me puzzled. Didn't look like either octopus or pork since it was all cut up in small pieces and i asked to have the dish removed and replaced with something else. The restaurant is covered with placks and signs of their great and famous burger so i asked for one of those. Again- 20 minutes preparation time. After 10 minutes she came back and said that they were out of burgers. Sigh. Ok, i´ll have some skewers and one more glas of wine then, please.

She comes back with a bottle and insist we take the whole one and not just a glas since she doesn't wish to open it if were not going to finish it.

When the bill comes the octopus dish we sent back is still on it and suddenly the waitress english is so poor and she doesn't understand what I´m talking about.

Really uncomfortable seats where the tabletop is in the same hight as the chairs.

Go here for the music and drink a few beers. Or have the skewers witch were actually pretty good altho servered with nothing but a slice of lime.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Well, this was my first sleepover in DAR with a weekend to spend partying... A friend recommended Samaki Samaki, and guess what for my two nights in DAR i spent in the two BARs.. I love the bars and next time i hit DAR, be sure of seeing me.
The bar is so originan and African, hand made furniture, a dhow as your table, bar stools, marked areas (you just cant get drunk-lost), amazing service and revelers were awesome!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have prepared a list of restaurants to visit in Dar Es Salam in advance, according to reviews and Samaki Samaki was in top 3 of that list. On the first day we went to Mlimani City Mall and to our surprise we bumped to this restaurant right outside the mall. Beautifully designed, the wooden structure of the restaurant immediately attracted our attention. Later on, we learnt it was Samaki Samaki. The service was great and food arrived quite fast. We really enjoyed that sea food platter, even chips were great. I hate to go right away to one of the best restaurants on arrival, it always lift the bar very high and other places, if not better, would often disappoint. It was a great experience and although for the next few days we were not happy with other restaurants:) Check out some of my photos and for more info visit alextravelblog.com

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had my first lunch in Dar Es Salam at Samaki Samaki. even though I had planned to try it but finding it on my first day was a pleasant coincidence. The place has a welcoming environment and its simplicity of decoration makes it easier to feel at ease. The service was timely and food was above all delicious. We received our food within 15 minutes of ordering it and the price was reasonable.

Do not miss trying it if ever you find yourself in Dar Es Salam.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The music is a bit on the loud side, but the restaurant has a lot of character, friendly staff a good atmosphere and very good fish