“Go for the spectacular view”
Review of Akemi

Akemi
Ranked #11 of 309 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tanzania's first and only Revolving Restaurant. Enjoy Multicuisine with amazing views of Dar es Salaam city, the harbour and the Indian Ocean.
Malden, NL
“Go for the spectacular view”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

To Akemi you go for the view over Dar es Salaam and its harbour. The restaurant is located on the 21st floor and makes about one 360 degree turn during lunch. We enjoyed the lunch buffet which was fine but not really special. Prices are high to Tanzanian standards but that will have to do with the spectacular view you get with it. All in all it is worthwhile to go there.

• Visited March 2014
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
Hi and thank you for taking the time to review Akemi. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again very soon.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Great view ok buffet”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The restaurant is located on the 21st floor and you can have the best view of Dar.
The buffet spread was little and the food was ok. The price is high when you consider the quality/ variety of the food but the view is worth a visit.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank ranjithdesilva
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
Hi and thank you so much for your feedback.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed the view from Akemi . I hope that on your next visit you will notice the change in our lunch buffet which is now more extensive and offers more variety.
“luxury restaurant”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

It's nice and luxury hotel .. the food is good also reasonable price and you can see the ocean and Dar es salaam town from other side actually it's rotating

Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi,
Many thanks for your review and for coming to Akemi. I'm glad you were happy with our prices, view and our food. We look forward to you dining with us again. Regards, Priya
Lusaka Province, Zambia
“New years eve”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

So Akemi has been here for a while and I heard all positives and negatives since they have opened. Decided to try for myself the very first time- on new years eve. As I walked in I expierenced what all people did for the first time: Wauw! The ambiance was spectacular, the lightning drapes and the massive centre chandelier. Indeed, my expectancy level on food and service was barred up to the full maximum! A very warm welcome at the entrance from an Indian host- fantastic! Greeted by Bret the restaurant manager- I really did feel welcome!
Had some cocktails at the bar wife my wife, bartender knew his stuff, that's a fact. Proceeded for dinner, beef carpaccio, seafood soup and a fantastic cut of sirloin prepared as I wanted it. However the Tiramisu was my winner. Service was spot on and from waiter to manager to owner Priya came by to check- lovely. My 4 and not 5 star is based on the band, terrible. Ok, maybe I am getting old! The DJ however was great- I enjoyed and expect great things from Akemi- they should be in the top 10 in this year.

• Visited December 2013
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi,
Thank you so much for spending your New Years Eve with us and for all of your positive comments. I'm so pleased that you had a great night and enjoyed all aspects of the Akemi experience. I'm sorry the band wasn't to your liking but thank you for your feedback as it will help us to review things for NYE 2014 :-) I Look forward to seeing you again soon and more regularly. Many Thanks, Priya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Misha”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my first anniversary at akemi last weekend..absolutely an amazing restaurant with beautiful view..excellent environment..loved the food too!! Would love to go again x

1 Thank Misha L
Priya K, Owner at Akemi, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hi there!
Many thanks for taking the time out to review Akemi. I am so pleased you had a great first anniversary and we appreciate the fact that you chose to celebrate it at our restaurant. I hope you'll be back again very soon.