“Good food and ambiance”
Review of Ak's Cafe - CLOSED

Ak's Cafe
Description: At AK'S CAFE, Modernist cooking techniques brings you avant-garde cuisine where simple dishes are recreated. Specialty coffees and desserts with amazing creations from our pastry kitchen will put a smile on your face. The in-house mixologist with our own infusions will reignite your passion for food and drink. On the street level, in the heart of downtown AK'S CAFE is set in a trendy and ultramodern space with a cool, relaxed ambiance with a minimalist theme and decor. Some of our favorites: -Fettuccini Alfredo w/parmiggiano -Grilled shrimp Caesar salad w/garlic herb croutons -Spicy Som Tum -AK'S Grilled Swahili Skewers Specialty coffee and desserts: -Iced Zanzibar Macchiato -Ak's affoagto -Warm choc and cashewnut pudding -Lemongrass panacotta -Mango Mojito sundae From our Cocktail kitchen: -Real fruit and herb liquor infusions -Gellifications (Gel formations with fruit and alcohol -jello shots, squares) -Ice cocktails and infused cubes Be inspired by our culinary flair.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Good food and ambiance”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I visited this place as i am on a mission of triyin out different restaurants in my town.I loved the food,i had Chicken mayo sandwich and salad with a smoothie.I loved the food tasted very delicious.I love the decor and upstairs is a better plqce to sit.Located at thw middle of town so the view is not any interesting.But the food and drinks are good.I won't ralk about the service because its normal.I will definitely come back. PS:just like another reviewer talked abour this its somesort of an expats hangour place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Eb0nyPrincess

Oslo, Norway
“Good food, but expensive ”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The food here is good, but expensive compared to other cafés and restaurants in Dar. We really liked the strawberry smoothie. We will come back to this café, but not too often because of the price. I can see some others mentioned the location is a little strange, but we didn't think of this.

New Delhi, India
“A decent cafe in an odd place”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The cafe is okay provides you what any cafe would nothing out of the ordinary but I must say they have a very unusual location for a cafe.

I would like a cafe with some view and if it does not have one then for the interiors to be fancy and should not have big glass doors that open into a busy commercial street (Samora avenue or something I cant remember the name). So it is in the middle of a lot of chaos!

Visited January 2014
Finland
“Tasty food, excellent coffee and free wireless”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I got one of the best coffees (dbl expresso) in Dar, free access to wireless and tastly large portion of pasta. One cannot really expect much more about a small cafeteria.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jusaja
Cambridge England
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Bit of an expat hangout, the food was good but very pricey by general Tanzanian standards. Nice coffee and fresh salads, I particularly enjoyed the green papaya spicy salad.

Visited November 2013