“Burnt my fingers!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: On Msasani Beach on the Peninsula...best sunsets you will ever see....Modern Restaurant & Sushi Bar with a wide variety of Fresh Seafood and Sushi...VIP area with modern outside bar...Fresh fruit Cocktails...TV's in bar and big screen in the evenings....group bookings and lots more.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Burnt my fingers!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Well...to be honest, it is a great restaurant and unfortunately it is way beyond what I could afford. The food was good. I may not say too good. But they can do better I feel. But my friends, be careful when you plan. Have enough money in your wallet when you enter in. Hahahaaha...But I have no regrets for spending so much.

Just a tip to the management: Be reasonable on pricing and re-check on your recipe. Couple of dishes which I tried which were not that impressive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review...we strive to satisfy everybody and are continually looking at ways to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction...your review goes a long way in assisting us and look forward to seeing you again soon...please feel free to ask for my contact details to discuss any suggestions you might have as through communication we can all make things even better...many thanks.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disguise of soy source”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

As I ate Norimaki with soy source from Kikkoman bottle, I found the taste very strange. As I asked the manager of the restaurant, he admitted that he was using cheap Chinese soy source instead of rather expensive Japanese (Kikkoman) soy source. It was due to the delay of customs clearing the manager explained without any sense of guilty. I'll never come to this restaurant which lacks integrity again.

1 Thank zeroemi
Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Sir....your review is noted and would like to state that the prodcut we use is not Japanese Kikkoman as you requested but it is a licensed Kikkoman soya from Singapore which is locally available....it was mentioned to import products with clearing and customs etc. is difficult with problems and as part of an International Franchise group we are both committed to supporting local business and respect the value of brand names....look forward to your continued patronage.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Poor service and poorer food quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had previously been to Cape Town Fish Market in South Africa and enjoyed the food and Ambiance. However and to my and the group surprise, when we went to Fish Market Restaurant in Dar Es Salam we ended up waiting for two hours to get our order. I constantly reminded the waiter of our orders and eventually we were so hungry that we were begging for some bread (that also never came because they did not have any!).
Finally when the food arrived, most of the people by the table were disappointed as it did not deserve a two hours wait. My sea food South African pot could have been prepared in 10 minutes and did not have any particular flavors, had in it literarily two shrimps and maybe a couple of Calamare bites.

if you are looking for a fancy place in Dar Es Salam where you can have over priced drink then Fish Market is your perfect destination. On the other hand if you are seeking some refined sea food cuisine then look way further!

2 Thank Mimo2405
Gavin L, Operations Director at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
I have messaged you and look forward to hearing from you in order to resolve these claims as we strive for ultimate customer satisfaction and experience through on going training...management are very involved on the floor and nobody seems to have any knowledge of this incident...nor any default times on food service have been reported...i would like to investigate this matter so to ensure that the possibility of such an incident does not happen in our business...look forward to your message as sent through messaging.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Good Premium Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Nice place, with a great sea view. Excellent food and drink choices on the menu. Delicious food. Polite and Super efficient service. Frequented mainly by expatriates and business community. Perhaps slightly over-priced in terms of value for money. But yet, a place to be tried out

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Gavin L, Director of Operations at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Good evening Sir...thanking you for your positive response and really a pleasure having you...we value all feedback and can assure you that we strive for excellence through training and continually look at new ways to make every experience a memorable one....thank you from all management and staff!
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
“Setting and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was invited to a birthday dinner at this restaurant and because friends had told me about it I had high expectations; as far as the food is concerned, oh yeah, it was absolutely fantastic!
The setting is superb and the ambiance chill and very nice.
I cannot comment on value for money as I did not see any menu but what we were offered was varied, tasty, quality products.
The birthday cake was a cheesecake, one of the best ones I've had.
However, service was slow as we had one waiter only tending to 15 people. Pressed or stressed the waiter lost his cool and it ended up in a very heated row between our host and the waiter. :(

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you again...can assure we strive for excellence at all times and continually train staff to make every visit a memorable one...thank you!