“Modest restaurant but good portion and fresh fish”

Ashibe Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 307 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Modest restaurant but good portion and fresh fish”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I we are funs of sushi ( we ate sushi around the world). First I need to say this restaurant is not classy, not for special dates, but the service is very good.

I found the prices and portions very correct, the rolls are big ( yes not prepared like authentic Japanese) but the flavor is correct and the sashimi very fresh ( is right that is a little bit thicker but is water in your mouth!).

Anyway is always full of japanese and chinese people I think that is good!
Of course I return!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
“One of my favourites in Dar”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I go to Ashibe for sushi pretty often. Almost every time there are Japanese customers in at least one other table, which I would take as a good sign anywhere.

The food is always great, nicely presented, fish is fresh. The wine list is very limited and only wine available by glass is Pearly Bay... but overall really nice food and good value.

• Visited April 2014
Dar Es Salaam Region, Tanzania
“Disappointing meal.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to the food after reading the reviews but were very disappointed.
The sashimi was cut far too thickly and the tempura was also not presented nicely (quite greasy) with very big pieces of vegetables and prawn heads rather than a nice piece of prawn.
Don't think we'll come again.

Visited February 2014
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Japanese cousine”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We went Japanese restaurant tonight. We were very amazing japanese food. Sushi and sashimi is very fresh never see in tanzania restaurant. I can say " Real japanese orginal foods than ather restaurant". The staff is very shape, kindly and hospitality. We had a good time for enjoy. We return next time. Thank you.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank philip s
Aalborg, Denmark
“Best sushi I've ever had!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Last night we went for this smal place, and it was the best choice! The staff was very friendly and the settings was amazing. We had different rolls, spicy tuna, pankofried prawns, calamari and cucumber and tuna maki. It was the best meal we've eaten so far in Dar! we paid 140.00 TSH for whine, water and food for 4 people. Better then Osaka, for sure.

• Visited November 2013