I stayed in this hotel several times, but last one was in July 2011, when I realized it wasn't managed by Kempinski anymore but Hyatt. The rooms are comfortable, wide, clean, with a good design, room service is still good, tv channels are ok, internet service is ok, restaurant on ground floor is good and staff is still nice. Although the location is the same and it's still a good hotel, you can "feel in the air" that the product offered is in decay. Towels both in the room and the swimming pool look worn, amenities in the room are less, the room service menu was a piece of paper printed in a home printer, toiletries are the same stinky ones you find in every Hyatt, the swimming pool was dirty (full of leaves and insects)...I was disappointed this time mostly because I could see the changes from what it was before, but in general it is still a good place to stay in Dar es Salaam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a synonym of exclusivity, luxury and service. With 180 modern elegant rooms and impressive exterior Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro is a landmark 5-star hotel in Dar es Salaam. Both business and leisure travellers can experience true European and African comfort at ease. The hotel is regarded as the best hotel in Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Southall Travel, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dar Es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro Hotel Dar Es Salaam