“an excellent place for conferences”

Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 22 May 2013

i loved the attitude of conference staff and receptionists. The wash rooms are kept clean. Cuisine is good. My request for my special diet was fully met.

My congratulations!

Prof Michael Munkumba
mbmunkumba@gmail.com

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear GUEST

Good day, Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for staying with us and choosing our conference facilities for your seminar. I am glad that our TEAM look after all your needs, especially the special diet request. I will pass your compliments on to our TEAM.

We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

As others are noting, the service here is great. Always very friendly smiles and people eager to help in any way.

The room was very comfortable and nice, although a bit on the cozy side. As I was travelling solo for business, it didn't matter -- was just right. The rooms look out over the courtyard and pool, creating a very tranquil vibe. Great buffet breakfast including a wonderful chai. The food for dinner is good quality too, and the glasses of wine are generous!

I would definitely recommend & would be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Beccarito

Good day, Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for staying with is and taking time to write this candid review. I am glad that our TEAM did a great job in ensuring your comfort and that you found the hotel to be of good value for money. We look forward to host you again soon. Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We came to this hotel after a 2 day stay in Dubai and I must say the warm reception and friendly staff was a welcome change. The rooms are very clean, charming and overlook the pool and a beautiful courtyard. We spent 4 nights and ate 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet was included in our stay and offered many choices. My favorite being the watermelon juice, fresh fruit and masala tea. In the evening we began in the cozy bar eating samosas and sampling African beer. I wanted to sample everything on the dinner menu
so the 4 of us ordered different entrees every night and sampled each others but there were still some things we didn't get to taste. Every bite was delicious!
The location of the hotel doesn't lend itself for wandering but the hotel itself is extremely safe and peaceful. I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if stairs are a problem you will want to stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear laurzig

Good day, Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Dar es Salaam and sharing your experience with the travel community. I am delighted to hear that everything that a discerning traveller needs was taken care of and we managed to tickle your taste buds. I will pass your comments to the STAFF, especially the Kitchen brigade. I consider myself lucky to be managing a hotel like this where each and every STAFF try to excel in what they do. We look forward to host you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Dinish-you have an absolute gem here! Excellent and friendly staff and every request was attended to promptly and efficiently. Everything works here from the aircon, lights, Wi-fi to the plumbing and everything is spotlessly clean. Well done to you and your team! I shall have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending your hotel to friends and colleagues and I shall be mentioning this to my company. We were on business and had the pleasure of staying at the Protea Hotel Courtyard for three very enjoyable nights. The rest of the Protea group can learn a lot from you and your staff. Very well done!
Captain Watkins & crew.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Keith W

Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard, Thank you and your crew for staying with us recently and taking time to write this absolutely wonderful review. I am really glad that we managed to score on all points, needless to say all credit goes to our wonderful TEAM. I will definitely pass your comments on to them, they will be delighted to hear that their efforts are being appreciated.

We look forward to host you again, Ahsante Sana!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stopped here for a night before starting an overland tour. There was a small snafu with the rooms because I had booked through my tour company (mistake!) and the hotel couldn't do much because they were fully booked. Also we were having difficulty dealing with the heat and we went apoplectic when we accidentally turned off the A/C and couldn't get it turned back on. They dealt with us very calmly and fixed everything that could be fixed for us--yes we slept very well with the assistance of modern HVAC working properly :)They also met our special request for a birthday cake and made us an entire black forest cake which was delicious and on the house. I owe a debt of gratitude to Miriam who kept her cool and took care of us even when we were flipping our lids.

Rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. Breakfast was good and the restaurant in general good and very accommodating. I can't comment on the location as we didn't get out to visit much of Dar in the short time we were there. But if you have reason to stay in Dar, they will take good care of you.

• Stayed: April 2013
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear mullydad

Good day, greetings from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your experience with us. I am Really glad to hear that our STAFF took good care of you with the genuine hospitality that we are known for. I will definitely pass your message to Miriam and will thank her for a job well done! We look forward to host you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Welcoming staff in a well kept and charming small hotel. Visited for lunch and had an excellent meal with chicken biriani and murg salwala which were all very tasty. The courtyard setting is great also great though staff should be trained not to speak across the courtyard and perhaps plates could be carried on trays. Minor distractions to a great lunch.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Gavinareid

Good day, thank you for dining with us and taking time to review your experience. I am happy to learn that you had a very enjoyable lunch with great service and delicious food. I apologise for the minor distractions caused by STAFF noise, I will address the issues you pointed out with them. We look forward to serve and host you again.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 18 April 2013

After long days work and cruising through the traffic jams of Dar it was like landing in a peaceful heaven. Very good food, friendly and professional staff. Very clean and large room. What more could I have asked for ?

Unfortunately, did not have time to enjoy the SPA !

Room Tip: 209 Chamber was perfect ! but it is the only one I know !
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Maya W

Good day, Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write this review. I am really glad that we managed to score on all the essentials. Sorry to hear you didn't get time to try the gym ( spa is offsite, not in the hotel). We look forward to host you again.