Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard
Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Gaborone, Botswana
“Decent place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Had a business lunch with my Tanzanian friend at this hotel. I experience tasty, fresh food, friendly staff and above all- clean environment. I am not sure about their rooms, but from the look, it seems there is a balanced hospitality practices here. No doubt, i register my interest next time i come in Tanzania.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Boitungu N

Good day, thank you for dining with us and posting this review. I am really glad that the experience was positive & you enjoyed the ambiance. We look forward to host you at our hotel on your next visit to Tanzania.

gm@proteadar.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I came by this hotel by default as I checked out of another hotel in Dar after a bad experience, they checked me in very early and made me very welcome.

This hotel is a 5 star experience in a 3 star hotel! The rooms are amazing, the staff are very friendly and the hotel has character .... Not just a sterile experience you get from a major chain.

The food is some of the best Indian I have eaten, very nice!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jerry

Good day, thank you for staying with us and posting this review. I am really glad that our TEAM took great care of you. I will pass your comments on to them. We look forward to host you again soon and offer you a 100% satisfactory experience.

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

A charming hotel with history, located out of the CBD. We stayed 1 night (5th August, 2013), after booking via Expedia. Took 4 days & multiple communications for hotel to confirm my booking. No explanation forthcoming as to reason. Very friendly front office staff. I booked a room with a "sea view , but was told after I arrived, that none of the hotel rooms have a "sea view". My room (308) clean & very satisfactory. We enjoyed our evening meal at the restaurant, which has extensive menu at very reasonable prices. Only other disappointing aspects were the fact that both the coffee machine and the credit-card machine were not working at the time.Fortunately had USD to pay hotel bill. Arranged own taxi to airport at Tsh30,000 instead of the quoted USD20 per person.

Room Tip: None have "sea view"
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank icthus51
Dear GUEST

Good day, thank you for staying with us and posting this review. I am really glad that our TEAM took great care of you. I apologise regarding the coffee machine and the credit card machine - both were fixed immediately. Our street name used to be Sea View Ocean Road, which might have caused the confusion. We do not advertise anywhere regarding sea view rooms. I am extremely sorry if this caused any inconvenience. We look forward to host you again soon and offer you a 100% satisfactory experience.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

stayed one night in dar and as a prokard gold member decided to the try the courtyard
old style hotel build around the swimming pool ( small one )
nice room , helpful staff and decent breakfast
good value for the money
will visit again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Shibre

Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. Thank you for being a Prokard Gold holder and we are really grateful for choosing our hotel for your stay in Dar es Salaam. I am extremely glad to hear that you had a fantastic experience and found us of great value for money. We look forward to host you again soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was in Dar for a night. The Courtyard is the perfect solution to a business traveller's accommodation troubles. Good internet, clean comfortable room and a practical menu. The courtyard style pool area offers a quaint atmosphere that allows you to get some work done quietly or even relax at the end of the day.

I would recommend this hotel to any traveller to Dar es Salaam.

Room Tip: The 100 - series rooms have handicap access. Be specific if you want a "steam iron". Do n...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear NicoleBanks

Good day, Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard. I am delighted to hear that you found our facilities and services worth the money. We ensure that we get our basics right -- clean and comfortable room, excellent customer care, delicious yet simple menu and internet service that works. Thanks a lot for your kind, encouraging words, we look forward to host you again soon.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had to stay here after President Obama decided to take over the Serena Hotel. I was very pleased I did. It is a very nice hotel indeed. professional staff on reception and a big cheerful guy called Arnold on the door(Please buy him a new shirt). He deserves it.
The rooms are beautiful, if a little small. The courtyard itself is very nice. The pool is more of a splash pool than a swimming pool but Ok. The breakfast has a wide selection. I wish the staff would be a bit more cheerful and energetic in the restaurant at breakfast time.
The only downside is the distance from town but the traffic is bad everywhere there.
I will stay here again on my next trip. Wifi is free and reasonably fast

• 4 of 5 bubbles
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear GUEST

Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard, thank you for staying with us & taking time to share your experience with the travel community. I am glad that you were satisfied with the facilities and services. Arnold is a great guy, will definitely pass your comments to him. We are in the process of changing our STAFF uniforms, you will see him with a new shirt on your next visit!. I will chat with the TEAM about the breakfast service, please accept my sincere apologies for any shortcomings. We look forward to host you again soon.

Protea Hotels-Dar es Salaam
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This, by far, is the best Protea Hotel I have ever stayed in! Service was outstanding as were the dinners. Rooms may be small but they are beautifully appointed and well serviced and the beds are comfortable.

What stood out most for me was that it was obvious that the people working at the hotel had a real commitment to their guests and looked happy to be at work no matter what their duties are.
Highly recommended and good value for money! A calm oasis!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Cherry B

Jambo from Protea Hotel Courtyard, thank you for staying with us and taking time to sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am immensely proud of our TEAM, they are the true pillars of our establishment. I will definitely pass your comments on to them. We look forward to host you again, karibu tena!