“Nice place, but so so food”
Review of Shooters Grill

Shooters Grill
Ranked #17 of 309 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Wine Bar
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Nice place, but so so food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have been there once. I liked the location, view, management and service very much. My biggest disappointment was food. The prices are higher than average in Dar so you expect a better food naturally. My steak was good, very juicy and tender, but yet it was the only positive thing about my dish. As a side dish i ordered vegetables and receives 2 pieces of cooked carrot, and 3 pieces of zucchini - not salted or whatever. No sauce, no presentation - i got one bottle of Heinz ketchup on the table, and cheap paper napkins - this is not restaurant quality. To my opinion they must or change the prices or improve the quality of food and presentation. I can bring at least 5 examples of other restaurants here in Dar es Salaam where for the lower price you get better everything.

• Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dar es Salam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“a meal with a view”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location is within an office in Masaki area of Dar Es Salaam with an excellent view of the ocean all around. Very chilled out atmosphere. The service was excellent and thoroughly enjoyed the food. There is limited choice for vegetarians though. The place is kids friendly to our surprise the waiter brought out a baby chair as soon as we walked in. Enjoyed the hot home made style chilly sauce! The desert menu looked delicious but I was full from my main course.

• Visited July 2014
“Very Glitzy”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Shooters Grill & Bar is situated on the top floor of a tower block with stunning views of Dar. I am told it can be very hot during the day but we went as a group on a busy Thursday evening frequented by Dar's new rich and sat close to the edge on a very pleasant evening.

It looks like it is sponsored by Peroni which makes for an attractive and bright decor. Waiters are very attentive and surprisingly cosmopolitan for this part of the World. I am off beer at the moment so ordered a glass of red which was disgusting but the second and different glass much better.

Starter was a mixed bag of calamari, cheese stuffed fingers and something else I cannot remember: delicious. For main the lamb shank was excellent for 3 of us. I ordered mixed grill. The steak came medium rare as ordered. It was well cooked but very poor quality cut. Pork chop horribly overcooked as was the boerwoer but the latter stayed tasty.

There are not enough toilets and they look more residential than commercial.

Good place to network I suspect.

Moshi, Tanzania
“Taste palate heaven”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. The location, the view, the food, absolutely love it. If you love meat/seafood/chilling with a beautiful view, I would highly recommend you don't leave Dar-es-Salaam without going there at least once. The prices are average for a good restaurant in this city, but it's well worth it, from the portions to the quality of the food. The meat is soft, succulent, juicy and tastes like nowhere in Dar I've yet to eat.
If you're in Dar and are looking for a proper steak dinner or just a relaxing place to wind down and sip a drink with a fantastic view, put this place on your list, you won't be disappointed.

Nairobi, Kenya
“A roof top view of Msasani”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located on the roof terrace of a new office building, Shooters provides diners with a wonderful view of the Msasani peninsula including the Oyster Bay and the Msasani Bay. Luckily the food and service match this special situation and you can be assured of a pleasant lunch or supper. My recent solo after a previous business lunch reassured me that I was as important a guest on my own as I had been as part of a greater spending group.

• Visited June 2014