Having read some of the other reviews, I am left wondering if we stayed at the same resort. We had a 3 day conference at Kunduchi with about 60 persons. Here are some of the realities:
1. My colleague was asked to vacate his room after just checking in since something was wrong in the room with assurances that he must come back later & they will allocate another room. After dinner there was no room available!? after having checked in. He was transported to some Giraffe hotel (30 minutes away) once there he was told to return since they found a room! What a shambles.
2. The staff are not very well trained & most cannot understand good English or remember simple requests.
3.Rooms need updating
4.The Bath shower had no mat in & I slipped one morning.
5. They arrived at 21h30 to turn down the bed one night - after I was already sleeping.
6.The meals are so-so
7. 9 persons at a table in the conference room with 4 peppermints in the bowl.
To all travellers please note: they have a 5% charge if you pay by credit card.
On the positive side : The view is great with the local fisherman coming & going everyday. The drink prices are reasonable by hotel standards. For African Hotels the rate is also reasonable.
I was also told by the manager that the hotel will be upgraded by its new owners/ management agents & the container with new stuff is on its way.
There must be better places in Dar Es Salaam for conferences.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Jovago.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Dar Es Salaam