“good place for family” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 99 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“good place for family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

i stayed on april 2014 with my family members.excellent location, lovely children play area, but little far from town.

everyone should go to water theme park.

price is more but valuable but this hotel is not fit for budgeted people

Room Tip: first floor rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest

We value your positive review. It is always pleasant receiving reviews like these as guest satisfaction is priority number one at Kunduchi Beach Resort.

Kunduchi Beach Resort is the perfect destination for families. It has the best beach, biggest waterpark in East Africa and many other kids activities.

Riaan Thiart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
East London, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've spent a week at this hotel and reccommend it to anyone that need to escape from the city and work environment. I was welcomed by friendly staff, beautiful view of the beach and the peaceful atmosphere. Can't wait to take my family during December holidays.

Keep up with your good work to bring the Hotel to the top!!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything

Tessa Singh

Room Tip: I believe no matter which room you choose because I went there to get away from the cities noice and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Many thanks for the positive comments in your review.

I will relay the information to the rest of my TEAM. We have done a lot of work in the past year and I am glad to notice that we are starting to reap the rewards. We value the constructive comments. Our goal is the ultimate guest satisfaction.

Karibu Kunduchi Beach Hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a recent conference, and it was rather mediocre. The internet connection was very unreliable, I was left at the airport with no hotel pick up, after checking multiple times about whether the payment of the room was all okay it was only when I was about to leave did they really check and realise there was a problem. My lift from the hotel was also late by over 30 minutes. I was also shouted at by a security guard when I went for a morning walk on the beach - I understand he was worried about security, but he was extremely rude, shouting "Where are you going?! A walk? I don't think so" etc. When I arrived there was a private event taking place, and the music was so loud I could feel the bass line inside my body. Suffice to say I couldn't do any of the work I had planned. The air conditioner was so loud I couldn't sleep with it on, so instead overheated in my room. The food was good, and the conference facilities seemed fine (although freezing). I wouldn't stay there again though.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor for a good view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CatRenshaw
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time in writing the review on your recent stay.

I have taken note of your comments and concerns. I will discuss those with the rest of my team. We are obviously concerned with the review as we have put in a lot of work to improve. I would firstly like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will investigate the airport transfer.

We would like to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Dar es Salaam.

Karibu Kunduchi

Harare, Mashonaland East, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent one night at Kunduchi on my way to Morogoro. Not a great place to go from the airport - I arrived on a Saturday evening and it took a good hour to get there. Nice hotel though - rooms could do with an upgrade, but bed was very good. Breakfast was so so, although the omelette of my choice, made in front of me, was nice. I'd expect better coffee in TZ though. Location is great - beautiful white sandy beach, with a shipwreck a hundred yards into the ocean - you can walk to it - giving it a movie set feel. Friendly staff as everywhere in Tanzania.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write this positive review.

We do believe we have the best beach in Dar. All the rooms are sea facing with views of the islands surrounding the resort.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Its a massive investment on the shores of Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania. I was here for one night and the staff are just excellent and willing to serve you with all zeal. Azania in Kunduchi Beach Hotel. Be there!!

Room Tip: Any room can apply
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Jambo, many thanks for the positive review. Appreciated.

We have done a lot of training and do believe that we are closing in on the service levels we have set for ourselves. The beach is the best in Dar. The French couple who does the kite surfing will be back at the end of June as well.

Looking forward in welcoming you back to Kunduchi Beach Resort in the near future.

Kindest regards
East London, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel over the Easter weekend and what a pleasant stay it was. Staff were excellent and made us feel so welcome from day one. Although it rained allot, and our room flooded, the staff were on top of things and sorted the problem within minutes. Kitchen staff were excellent, food was excellent, especially having pickled fish and hot cross buns on good friday as it is a tradition for a catholic family. I would recommend a stay at the Kunduchi hotel at any time. A pleasant stay indeed.

Room Tip: Ground rooms are great for a family with children - as the beach is right there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elise1101
Dear Guest

Jambo, we appreciate the time taken to write the review. We have taken note of your comments. I will share those with the rest of the team.

We have appointed a new Executive Chef to compliment the team. The feedback and response from guests thus far have been great. We have changed all the menus and are excited about the way forward.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had gone with my family for Easter weekend and spent one night at kunduchi

The rooms were ok

Dinner buffet was not that great
Plus they had kept the dinner buffet outside and not inside the hotel and it had started to rain so that spoiled the enjoyment of the dinner

Lunch buffet was over Crowded and it felt like it was a chaos inside the dinning hall but the BBQ section was good

Break fast was really good especially the mandazi/ kitumbua and mbarazi section
Which they were serving hot
They cook the mandazi and kitumbua right infront of you
Which was tasty and really good.

Well the receptionist staff were really understanding and they let us keep the room till late in the afternoon

Overall this hotel is a great hangout place but unfortunately when I was there it was a local public holiday and it was crowded with ppl spending there holiday there

I would recommend the rooms on the ground floor

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Abbas C
Riaan T, General Manager at Kunduchi Beach Hotel And Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time in writing the review. We appreciate the comments.

Yes, this year we had more rain than usual. Easter we move the venues around to add to the guest experience. Rain does make it more challenging with regards to entertainment and activities.

Kunduchi Beach Hotel has the best beach in Dar and is very popular over the festive days. Live cooking is important as this adds to the guest experience.

We would love to welcome you and your family back to Kunduchi Beach Hotel.

Karibu sana