This was my second time at the Mediterraneo, and it is certainly one of my all time favorite hotels. Great location, great relaxing atmosphere throughout and friendly staff.
A real downer this time was the "monthly party" - all the comfy chairs by the beach were gone, the lounge area turned into a nightclub plus dance floor. There were only a couple of pool chairs left, so that by afternoon, there was no place to even sit down anywhere. But the biggest annoyance was that the music was so loud that the whole room was shaking until 2.30am. No sleep for us or our children.
So, yes, call me a party pooper, but unless you like being up until the morning hours, avoid the hotel for that night. I will always want to come back, but next time I'll ask upfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterraneo Hotel and Restaurant is a unique resort style hotel located by the Indian Ocean in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Situated close to the commercial centre of Dar es Salaam with attractive gardens overlooking the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Hotel And Restaurant
- Mediterraneo Hotel Dar Es Salaam