I spent 3 nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and helpful (I didn't have a kettle in my room, but after a couple of requests I was brought a flask of hot water each night to make tea). My hot water wasn't working the first night and after complaining this was sorted very quickly and efficiently. The bed was very comfortable.
The sushi is lovely, although other food chosen from the specials was disappointing.
The setting is just fantastic - as good as it looks in the photos, even better when you can feel the sea breeze and smell the ocean. The bar and restaurant areas are well designed to maximise the view and have attractive and comfortable furniture
There is a tiny gym, not well equipped but better than nothing. The pool is good and the loungers very comfortable.
Only downside was that the weekend I stayed they held an all-night party on Saturday which was pretty nasty from my point of view - music banging til 5.30am and no warning to hotel guests (or any apologies the day after). The whole pool area smelt of beer the next morning and the beach was littered with empty bottles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterraneo Hotel and Restaurant is a unique resort style hotel located by the Indian Ocean in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Situated close to the commercial centre of Dar es Salaam with attractive gardens overlooking the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterraneo Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Hotel And Restaurant
- Mediterraneo Hotel Dar Es Salaam