“Poor hotel I have ever stay”
Review of Sleep Inn Hotel

Sleep Inn Hotel
Ranked #66 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The room size is very little. Reception is not good. They do not accept any type of cards. location also not good. There was no security in the room. No lock system in the room. so it is not safe to keep you baggage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We Stayed there in june 2013,we got an excellent room with cable and breakfast for a double @ 65$ per night..the only alarming thing was that despite making us wait for 40 min before we shifted our luggage,they didnt clean the bathroom well ,that was disappointing..the WIFI also didnt work in the room,that was a draw back,being a traveller WIFI was essential and we were told that it would work..great spacing in the room and breakfast was also not too bad given the price and location.with some small improvements in service i am sure we would like to go back there again !! it was close to ferry,that was a plus point.

Room Tip: Go and see the rooms before you decide you want to stay there.also dont rely too much on booking via...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was a very disappointing hotel given the claims on the hotel's web site. Anyone who has ever stayed in a boutique hotel and expects anything resembling this will be sorely diasppointed.

On the plus side it is cheap, and there was a fan and decent air con in the room. That is about it.

On the minus side, the location is not great (no local facilities), the internet was terrible, the room was very basic and fixtures old, the restaurant was very poor (and took an age to deliver anything), the service was disappointing. As an example, the maid knocked on my door asking to clean the room. I said I would be going to a meeting at one pm, so could she come back then. She came back a little after 12:30 and said... it's one o'clock.. do you want your room cleaned as I am finished. I declined and took a fresh towel.

This may be ok for someone on a tight budget, but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 177MikeS177
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

This was basically like a cheap multi storey version of a UK Travelodge - was fine for the brief stopover we had before flying home from the airport. Clean, but dark rooms. Not much to do aroun but very handy for the airport

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had no complaints about staying at Sleep Inn Hotel in Dar. The staff were very friendly and it seemed that the staff and rooms were a level above the sister hotel in Kariakoo, where we also stayed. We were very satisfied. Location is decent enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kasper-Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This review is for the Sleep Inn Hotel in Kiriakoo (not the City Centre version)
My wife an I spent a Total of six nights in this budget hotel. Current price for non residents is US$50 per night for a double b&b. To find a budget hotel in Tanzania with a fan, shower, toilet and air-con that works is very unusual. Other facilities in the room included a mini fridge, on-suite toilet and shower, hot water, flat screen TV with many channels, including CNN, BBC, Al Jezerra etc. Wifi is available for an additional payment, but there are two free PCs in the lobby (no printer). The bed was comfortable and the room was fairly clean. Screens on the windows, so no need for Mosquito nets.
Breakfast was interesting, with fresh fruits, juice, tea or coffee, hot dishes such as omelette, fried potatoes, beans, toast etc.
The local area is not the safest in Dar, but we were happy to wander the streets in daylight without feeling concerned. There is always a taxi or two outside and the cost to the city centre will be around 5000TSH (£2, $3, €2.50). A ride to Dar International Airport is negotiable, but in 2013 do not expect to pay more than 30,000TSH (£12, $18.€15) The hotel does an airport run, but charges $25 - cheaper than an airport taxi.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the famous Kiriakoo Market - quite an experience.
The best rooms for peace and quiet (in a noisy city) are on the sixth floor at the back of the hotel, but have no view.
The staff are very obliging. Water can be purchased from the dining room for a reasonable price, though there are shops just up the road too. There is no alcohol served in the hotel. Meals are available for around 14,500TSH.

Room Tip: Sixth floor, room 609 for quiet, 612 for a balcony and a view (noisier)- email Ali your preferences...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank otel
Reviewed 7 February 2013

If it wouldn't be sad it would be funny. I stayed in the hotel on the begging of my one month trip and on the and of my trip. They forgot to send a pick up car on the airport. Then they didn't found my reservation. We agreed on transport which never came and they didn't know anything about that. Before I left I checked with them if my reservation for next month is confirmed. They were very confident that everything is ok. On my return there was no reservation on my name. They gave me room anyway and later they claimed that I had reservation in some other hotel :-)
We agreed on late check out (12am) but when I returned from the city at 10:30am the cleaning lady already emptied my room (ordinary check out is at 11am...???). My key card wouldn't work any more... The service here is just terrible. Whatever I asked them they did the opposite. Actually at the and I was amused as it was predictable. I would recommend this place only if you have a good sense of humor :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple