“Pizzeria in Dodoma”

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Dodoma
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Leone l'Africano Pizzeria, is the only real Italian Pizzeria in Dodoma.We also served home made pasta, dry pasta, mishkaki and others delicious meals. Come to visit us and enjoy our place and our food. Karibuni!
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have been living in Dodoma for over a year and I love eating at the Pizzeria. The food is always high quality and delicious and the price is fair - around $7. Both the pizza and pasta are delicious and I recommend both. It is hard to find another place with such high quality here and a great atmosphere.

4  Thank marloutay

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in Dodoma more than a month and tried different restaurants. The local African cousine is good, but after some time you become bored. So Leone is the best restaurant in this area. The environment is very nice, and the pizza is delicious! It even tastes better than the pizzas I tried in Italy. The prices of course is twice more than the local ones, but the service is good and fast. Our pizza was ready in 10 minutes and we hadn't wait 30-60 minutes as it is in other restaurants. However do not order Pasta!!! We tried and it was terrible :(.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I live in Dodoma and eat at Leone L'Africano frequently. We love taking guests there who often claim it's the best wood-fired pizza they've ever eaten. With a recently added new kitchen, service has improved. It's a favorite gathering place for ex-pats in Dodoma. Karibuni Leone L'Africano!!!

2  Thank Debra L
Reviewed 26 February 2012

During a recent trip to Dodoma, my wife and I visited Leone L'Africano for dinner along with 3 friends (one from home, two from Tanzania). The dinner was at the end of a long, busy day, and at least one of us was not feeling 100%. However, the food was excellent. From fresh Italian salads to the best pizza I have had for a long time. Service was a bit lacking, but we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time, and the server was also covering those sitting in the bar/lounge area. LOCAL TIP: Taxis may not know the name Leone L'Africano, but they all know where the Pizzeria is!

2  Thank Skyrider_West
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This restaurant was fantastic. We were in Dodoma for work and after a long trip, were pleased to spend a lovely dinner at Leone L'Africano. We shared a selection of salads, gnocchi and thin crust pizza - all were delicious. The staff were very friendly and attentive and helpful at the end of our meal with calling us a taxi. The owner stopped by to greet us and ensure that all was well. Overall, the best dining experience I've had in Tanzania in the three years of living and travelling here. I highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank TaraKV