“No words can describe this amazing place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
Olakira Camp, Asilia Africa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No words can describe this amazing place!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We were lucky to get an upgrade to the camp for two night. It was absolutely amazing. There was so much wildlife everywhere. At night there were Zebra's and in the morning they were still hanging out near our camp! This is the real deal. We saw the only leopard of the trip...15 seconds from the camp!

The staff is one of the bests we ever encountered. They do everything to make you feel at home. We told the staff we were on our honeymoon the first day. The next day we got surprised with a bottle of champagne! They also made us a table for two next to the campfire.

The rooms are amazing. Very clean and considering you are in the middle of nowhere amazing bathroom facilities.

This was a time to never forget. What a stunning place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JasperOosterveld

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My wife and I just returned from a three week trip to Tanzania and one of our weeks was spent on safari. We were lucky enough to have spent two nights at Olakira Camp in Serengeti. Although this is a mobile camp, the facilities are top notch, comfortable, incredibly clean... well, let's just call it what it is - luxurious! These tents exceed the standards of many hotels I have been to. Well done Olakira!

Unfortunately I had taken ill before arriving at Olakira and so was not in the best frame of mind upon arrival, but Obi (assistant manager) and the staff were helpful, genuinely concerned about my well being and moved quickly to make me comfortable in our tent. Obi also made me a medicinal tonic of his own creation to help settle my stomach (thanks Obi!).
I was then visited by the manager, Pascal, who also expressed genuine concern and a desire to do whatever was necessary to see me well, including arranging for a doctor if necessary. Despite my stomach bug, I felt secure, comfartable and cared for at Olakira camp.

The pleasure of sleeping in the comfortable beds and Olakira tents was surpassed only by the hordes of animals present throughout the nights and mornings. My wife and I were pleasantly awakened by the herd of Zebra surrounding our tent one night and we were lucky enough to hear the lions roaring in the distance... calling the Zebra out to play perhaps? :-)

Food at Olakira, when I was finally able to eat, was fresh, delicious, and plentiful and the staff are well trained in the art of service. Well done!

As a treat to celebrate my feeling better, Obi and Pascal arranged a special dinner for my wife and I. Guests at this camp eat family style at one large table but the staff prepared a table for two down by the fire and surprised my wife and I with an intimate dinner on the edge of camp, overlooking the Serengeti at twilight. Thank you Pascal and Obi. A very thoughtful and generous gift.

To sum up, the facilities, staff, and overall attitude and energy at Olakira Camp is worth any expense and effort needed to spend time here. For us, a return to the Serengeti means a return to Olakira and old friends! To the staff who made us feel so important and special, Pascal and Obi, Michael and his teammates, thank you.

T & C, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tobias B
Atlanta/Romania
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Let me first say that I had MAJOR reservations about taking a safari. My husband planned the entire safari and I was along for the ride with my 2 daughters (8 and 12 years old). I am really not a tent girl. I prefer the Four Seasons. However, Olakira blew me away and we are already planning our next trip back.

We stayed over New Years and words cannot express the amazing time our family experienced at Olakira. Pascal, the manager, and his fantastic staff truly make Olakira a “shining star”.

We visited 3 tented camps during our 8 day safari and the tents at Olakira were by far the most luxurious. The tents are large, clean and comfortable. The service was above and beyond. Everything was done with excellence.

By the time you leave Olakira, you feel you are leaving family. This is why we can’t wait to get back to Olakira, Pascal and his wonderful team.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family and I were at Olakira for 3 nights and we just got back a few days ago. What an outstanding place! The service is phenomenal. The first day we arrived the entire staff knew my whole family by name. I've never seen people so hospitable. The food was incredible and gourmet. I looked forward to each meal, not only because of how great the food was, but because all guests sit at one big table and get to know each other. We made friends from all over the world! My other favorite thing about Olakira was the location. Since it is a mobile camp, you see and hear migrations of animals, namely zebras and wildebeests, from your tent- a truly breathtaking experience. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for an experience with a unique combination of wilderness and luxury.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank eviek12
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed 4 nights at Olakira with 4 friends at end of Tanzania Safari. We trembled when we discovered the cost but hey you only live once - and this was living.

Next to the Mara River and with the annual wildebeest migration fully underway you could literally see the action from your tent. And these are no ordinary tents - even if it is a mobile camp. The logistics of moving the operation are mind boggling. So 5 stars inside and a million outside; campfire under the stas; Johnny the resident lion roaming around at night; hippos and rhinos likewise. This is Africa in the wild.

Gourmet food prepared in camp kitchen, beer and wine included - oh that last night. Go to bed with a hot water bottle; wake to tea/coffe brought to your tent. And to top it all a manager and staff who loved their work and went out of the way to keep the customer satisfied - thanks boys for leeting me watch United - Liverpool with you.

So vale Pasqual, Obie, and our driver/guide the eagle eyed Baraka - I hope you still check the back tyre. A visit to remember with memorable people.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank robmacca
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Olakira and we will remember our experience forever. Obie, Pascal, our guide Victor and the incredible chef & staff run a 1st class operation and knock themselves out every single day to make it the best experience possible for their guests. The setting is incredible and the accommodations are shockingly nice, given how remote the camp is. The tents are clean, spacious and very comfortable. The bathrooms are great, you just have to get used to taking fast showers with the bucket showers. I recommend bringing leave in conditioner. The food is fantastic, they will cater to special dietary needs... I'm a vegetarian and every night they made something delicious. They also put together these amazing picnics that they will bring out into the park if the jeeps are waiting for the Wildebeasts to cross.
We really didn't know what to expect on this trip and our stay at Olakira exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We spent 3 nights here at the end of our Safari and had an awesome time. Its just a shame the weather was bad when we were there so we didnt get the outdoor fire and BBQ. The staff were the nicest we met during our entire holiday. The highlight being when Pascal and the team sang happy birthday to my wife in English and Swahili as we were leaving.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Serengeti National Park
Sayari Camp, Asilia Africa
Sayari Camp, Asilia Africa
#8 of 117 in Serengeti National Park
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Sereng...
#3 of 117 in Serengeti National Park
#28 of 117 in Serengeti National Park
Lake Ndutu Luxury Tented Lodge
Lake Ndutu Luxury Tented Lodge
#9 of 37 in Ngorongoro Conservation Area

Been to Olakira Camp, Asilia Africa? Share your experiences!