Lemala Mara Ndutu Tented Camp
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lobo Wildlife Lodge(Serengeti National Park)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Ikoma Safari Camp(Serengeti National Park)
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstalking showertented camptent attendantother guestslarge tablenorthern serengetilife changingpolentabrilliant experiencehot watershare experiencesdrinks includedanimals walklong tablehis teameasy accessthree nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Benson, camp manager, and his staff made our Serengeti tent camp safari the best! The guide was knowledgeable, fun, and informative. Any small issues we had were promptly and efficiently addressed by Benson. He always had things well in hand.
Everyone has to experience a bush shower in person. It is something you cannot describe well enough to anyone who hasn't had one. FUN!
The food was good, and every special need was addressed. We loved the willingness to run on our schedule rather than "by the book". Our guide, Peter, was new to this camp but he already knew the animals, birds, reptiles, and bugs. Awesome person!
This will be on our list for a return trip.

Room Tip: If you use a CPAP, make arrangements and notified the camp in advance. They need time to arrange for continuous electrical support. There are only a couple of tents that can accommodate a CPAP. In Africa, a CPAP is called a "breathing machine".
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Veronica O, Regional Sales Manager at Lemala Mara Ndutu Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and taking the time to post it. We certainly look forward to your next visit and hope to be of service again.

Have a fabulous weekend

regards

Veronica

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lemala Mara not only met my expectations, they surpassed them. The staff were all very warm, attentive, and good-humored, and the food was superb. I had my own guide during my stay, and the Lemala Mara guides were great in giving us updates on terrific sightings. I loved the communal feel of the camp. As a woman traveling alone, I always felt completely safe, and the camp staff was no less attentive to my needs and desires than any of the larger groups there. It was an absolutely lovely stay, putting Lemala Mara at the top of my list for my next visit to Serengeti!

Room Tip: This tented camp was extremely comfortable without taking anything away from the safari camping experience. My tent was always kept very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dagry77

To not only have met your expectations but to have surpassed them is just a wonderful feeling for the team and we are delighted to have accomplished this. I am so pleased as a solo traveller that you were looked after and please remember that your room is ready and waiting for your next visit.

warm regards

Veronica

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Lemala Mara was our first lodging during our 12 day safari and we were simply thrilled when we arrived. It is a tented lodge for sure but the Lemala Mara can certainly use "tent" and "luxury" in the same sentence! Wow! Our accommodations were wonderful - tent #4 - and we had a beautiful view of the Mara River from the dining tent. The staff were amazingly friendly and did everything they could to make our stay unforgettable. The food was delicious and we were thrilled one night to even be offered the traditional Tanzanian polenta and okra dish. But maybe the best part of our stay was "bush TV" - the fire in the firepit each night while we sipped a glass of wine, ate yummy snacks prepared by the staff and visited with other guests from all over the world. What an unforgettable experience!!

Room Tip: All the tents are wonderful and give you much privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn A
Veronica O, Director of Sales at Lemala Mara Ndutu Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

thank you so much for your wonderful review. The bush tv is really a great joy and very popular as the channels are changing all the time.

I do hope we will see you again.

Warm regards

Veronica Otter

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We spent two nights at Lemala and I can also say it was our favourite lodge during our safari. Richard and his team were great - very helpful, friendly and nothing was too much of a problem. They even lifted the floating floor to retrieve our companion's hearing aid which he accidentally dropped and it slipped through a crack. Given we were in the middle of nowhere and the camp gets pulled down annually, the facilties on offer were very good and the tents more than spacious and comfortable. With the wildebeest and zebra literally just outside your "door" (you may need earplugs :-) and the Mara river close by, this is a great place from which to base yourself and see the migration.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

thank you so much for taking the time. The floating floors luckily are floating so am pleased to hear that lost objects were found.

Hope the rest of your trip was equally wonderful.

Warm regards

Veronica Otter

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was by far my favorite lodge on our vacation. Yes it's a tent but it's extremely spacious. They even have a 'chandelier' in the tent and the floors are wood! The bathroom is very roomy. Here, showers are with hot water heated by the staff so it smells a little woodsy. Our attendant was very attentive and would always asks if we needed more water to shower with. The only quirk I found with the lodge is that after you flush the toilet, you have to wait about 5 minutes to flush it again.

Before dinner, weather permitting, they will light up a camp fire (they called it bush tv) and we would sit around the fire talking and having drinks (complimentary) and snacks (cashews, fried banana chips and some kind of fried dough that was delicious).

Dinner was outstanding and on 2 of our nights there, they served us some traditional African dishes that were yummy. On our 2nd night, to celebrate the departure of one of the guests who spent 3 months learning Swahili, the staff baked a cake and did a song and dance around the dining table. It was entertaining and one of the guests even got up and started dancing with them.

The staff was very attentive at all times. On my last night there, I told them I didn't eat lamb, so the manager made something else for me to eat instead. I would have been ok with just eating more soup but I appreciated that he went out of his way to find me something else to eat.

This is a must stay lodge if you do the Serengeti!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beccal72
Lemala C, General Manager at Lemala Mara Ndutu Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Beccal72

Thank you for such a marvelous review. It is certainly great to hear that you enjoyed the Lemala property above all others during your East African Safari Vacation.
Thank you for posting and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best wishes and safe travels

Tom Yule