“As good as the Mara Bushtops!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
Serengeti Bushtops Camp
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Having spent the previous 4 nights at it's sister camp , the Mara Bushtops, I was a little apprehensive as to whether the high standards could be maintained. i needn't have been as the standard of this camp was thankfully just as high.
Yet again the camp, the food , the staff were absolutely wonderful.
The camp itself is different from the Mara. The tents are spaced further apart, more spacious and seem to be newer. The wildlife surrounding the tents was just as close. Close encounters with elephants and large herds of buffalo will remain fondly in my memory.
Yet again we were fortunate to spot the big 5 again in a comparatively short space of time .This again was down to the excellent service provided by our guide, Jeffrey and spotter.
Nights were spent discussing what had or hadn't been seen on the drives sat around the campfire quenching the thirst with an ice cold Tuska.
In conjunction with our stay in the Mara this was the holiday of a lifetime. I do hope however that one day we will return and experience this unique place and people again.
A special mention must go to our guide, Jeffrey. Not only was he very knowledgable about the local wildlife, he had a great sense of humour and was always eager to talk even when off duty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sunchaser62
There are newer reviews for Serengeti Bushtops Camp

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

All the BUSHTOPS reserves are amazing. We first went to the MaraBrushtops, then here. WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE! Our tent was as big as an apartment for two, very confortable and organized.
The staff was absolutely friendly and makes us want to come back even more!
One tip: ask for the nearest tent to the common lounge (or admnistration area), its easier to get around later...
For the Safari, also check if there is another couple your age,..its more likely that you all will get along without any stress :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ma C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The first week of our Ruby Wedding holiday was at the Serengeti Bushtops tented village (after two days at Arusha Coffee Lodge on the way). Amazing tents, superb food & wines and great company. The General Manager and all his staff were first class. The three days of safari seeing lions, leopards, elephants, zebras, rhinos, thousands of wildebeest crossing (and waiting to cross) the rivers were excellent. Recommend it highly.

*****

Room Tip: All 'rooms' are luxury first class tents.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrianKane_2011
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This place is absolutely amazing. We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our 40th wedding anniversary celebrations and Pantaleo and his team went out of their way to make us feel special. We were met at the air strip and given Serengeti Bushtops hats and offered drinks and cookies (coffee and Amarula went down a treat) while the paperwork was being processed. The ride to camp is taken pole pole so that you can see whatever animals are around, giraffe, buffaloes, hippo and more beside in our case. We were met at camp by Pantaleo, the manager, and one of his team with flannels to refresh us, this happened every time we returned from safari. Our tent was named Kudu and was large and luxurious, Happy Anniversary was written in coffee beans on our bed. Our butler, Suddy, brought us wine and gin and tonic so that we could watch the sunset from our patio, filled our hot tub so that we could soak after a long day on safari, woke us up in the mornings with hot chocolate and muffins before we went to the dining tent for breakfast! Hot water bottles were placed in your bed at night and also provided on early morning game drives with blankets to keep you warm. Every night we all met up around the fire for cocktails, talk about the days sightings and order our dinner which was always excellent. Our ranger Jaffery and spotter Yusaf were fantastic. We managed to see 4 of the big five, no rhino, we also saw cheetah and on our last day after a brilliant leopard sighting we disturbed a civet cat who was resting by the tree we had picked to have our lunch under. We had such a fabulous time and would like to say "Asante Sana" to Richard our waiter and Swahili teacher, Dennis for his wonderful cocktails, Suddy our butler, Janet for her massage, Yusaf for his wonderful eyesight, Jaffery and his driving skills, Pantaleo and all of his team who made this trip so very special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My dream holiday... I am back from a week at Serengeti Bushtops and I am still dreaming... there are no words strong enough to describe the place.... AWESOME in every little detail.
Fantastic tents, fantastic staff, Pantaleo,great manager, excellent food, rangers very prepared and skilled.
You have a desire?... name it and you get it! According to me it is the best Camp on earth.
Thank you all for having made my stay unforgettable!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

But I won't. This is the ultimate in tented camping in Africa. Luxury all the way. We stayed there in late September 2013 for 2 nights and wished we had stayed longer. The tents were fabulous, large king bed with mosquito netting, large patio right there with a hot tub (filled when you need it) full bathroom with shower, double sink and separate toilet area. Definitely 5+ in my books.On one of our safari days we asked the driver if we could get a massage when we got back. well we arrived back to have a couples massage with hot tub and snacks and drinks waiting for us.The staff and the manager could not do enough for you. The day we arrived I had been suffering with a stomach ailment and the manager, Pantaleo was so concerned he kept on trying everything to make my stay comfortable, he succeeded. I also left a pair of cheap reading glasses in the vehicle and 3 days later they found them and he emailed me as to how he could get them to me. Also you had a dedicated person to take care of your every need. You can't help but not be impressed.

Room Tip: They are all good, we were in # 1 at the end, bit of a walk but not bad. Your sitting all day so not...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deigo762
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at Serengeti Bushtops a year ago in January 2013, so this review is very tardy - but given that I still think about this place every couple of days I just felt that I had to share my expereinces with others..

Serengeti Bushtops is hands down the most amazing place that I have ever had the pleasure of staying (and my husband and I have stayed in some pretty fabulous hotels in our travels). The accommodation is tents – but unlike any normal understanding of what a ‘tent’ looks like – our room was gorgeous.

You spend your days doing game drives and exploring the surroundings, and when you come back someone greets you with a warm towel to refresh and then escorts you back to your tent where they have a heated spa and champagne waiting for you on your deck so that you can watch the sunset as you bath in the outdoor spa.. Then its cocktails by a camp fire every evening where the rangers told you great stories about their animal encounters and general life in the Serengeti..

You have your own personal butler 24 hours a day (thank you John for making our stay so lovely), all of your laundry is picked up and completed wihtout you having to do anything more than drop it into a basket in your room (such a simple thing to do for your guests but it made such a difference not having to think about it). Another lovely touch was being offered massages whenever we felt like one (they had double-skilled staff so you could have a massage whenever the girls weren’t busy cooking or doing housekeeping).

The staff were unbelievable. When they found out that it was my husband's birthday they made a surprise birthday cake for him and had the waiters come out whistling happy birthday after dinner one night (making me cry for some unknown reason! I just found the moment so touching and lovely)..

The morning that we were due to depart the GM, a delightful man named Pantaleo, asked us to be awake before dawn because they had a surprise for us. We were driven out into the shrub and greeted by the site of a chef complete in all of his gear and with a cooktop set up – our favourite waiter Francis with champagne, orange juice and an amazing assortment of food – and 2 trained ‘poachers’ who are there to protect you from wild animals. The odd thing was that Francis had served us only the night before at something like 1am? When I quietly quizzed him, ‘what the hell? How did all of this get set up?' – he told me that they had all woken up at 4am and mowed a half football size piece of land just to set up a sunrise breakfast for us!! Unbelievable.. They made us feel like a “King and Queen’ just like they said they would when we had first arrived.

The season in which we went was the time of migration down south – which meant that there were limited animals where we were.. But there were still more than enough to see and get excited about.. We drove up to the accommodation which meant that we drove right through and past the entire migration, including the amazing display of wildebeest. That was all mindblowingly beautiful..

It sounds crazy given we were only there for three days, but I felt incredibly sad on our last morning as we were leaving. It was just such a magical place.. I simply cannot wait to get back there someday soon..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple