Four of us went here to pamper ourselves after hiking kilimanjaro and stayed for 3 nights. It was a great decision! This experience is still fresh on our minds 3 months later. Highlights:
- Outstanding service. We had a butler and were offered drinks any time we spent time in the main tent. Our driver/guide Jaffrey was great.
- The serengeti is beautiful. two of us had stayed in a park in South Africa where the animal density was much higher, but this was certainly a more stunning landscape.
- We had an amazing experience watching sunset over the serengeti - we were brought atop a large rock where after climbing up a ladder had a picnic area with drinks and snacks.
- We talked with the owners on the flight over and at the main tent, and enjoyed our short conversation with them... down to earth, and very pleasant.
- The lodging is the fanciest "tent" you'll ever stay in, with hardwood floors, a jacuzzi tub, nice shower that views out to the open (you can close it if you want to of course). sure beats the tents in kilimanjaro!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Tanzanian haven for serious safari seekers, Serengeti Bushtops is an oasis of 5-star luxury within one of the world's most magical settings. Picture yourself gazing out over the stunning scenery of the Serengeti. Imagine returning from safari and watching the sun set from the comfort of your tent's private hot tub. Consider the thrill of watching the annual migration thunder across the mighty Mara river. Or simply revel in the thought of being pampered by your butler and our friendly staff, before enjoying our fabulous cooking and fine wines in the comfort of our restaurant and shared spaces. This combination of safari adventure, first class facilities and blissful relaxation has delivered Serengeti Bushtops' unwavering promise of Wild Luxury ever since we opened in June 2010. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Serengeti Bushtops Camp Hotel Serengeti National Park