Lowest prices for your stay
£78
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Gord B

A thoroughly satisfactory experience.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Mar 2024
A delightful setting on a lively street, plus a clean room and bathroom, a comfortable bed, very helpful people, and nice variety of foods for breakfast. I only speak English but it was no problem when I managed to hide my passport behind the fridge & the staff found it for me.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Movenpick
    £182
4.3 miles from Carlton Hotel Tunis
View more hotels in Tunis
All reviews a lot of noise star hotel la marsa stayed one night tunisia security
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2023

Tunis. Good breakfast and friendly hotel staff. My room on the 4th floor was amazing. My WiFi was working good, no safety issue at all, also outside. The hotel restaurant in some areas could be more tidy.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank I2008JDadamg
Reviewed 9 April 2023

Requested to borrow an iron but was given the brush off. Told to go back the next morning (it seems they do not ''work'' in the evenings). Went to the reception the next morning at least 4 times to ask and remind and each time I was creative answers from ''didn't they give you already?'' to ''it's with another guest'', to finally, ''we don't have any''. If they had simply said they do not provide right from the beginning rather than played around, I would not have been so disgusted with the poor attitude. They offered to press my shirt instead but who would dare trust them after all the run-around, by the very same receptionist?!

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2022 via mobile

Situated very centrally in the heart of Tunis. About a 10 minute walk from the medina. Number of eateries nearby. Be prepared most people only speak Arabic or French. English is pretty non existent outside the hotel. All the reception spoke very good English.

Was able to book a hotel transfer with the hotel directly but unfortunately it never turned up. We had to make our own way from the airport to the hotel, which caused unnecessary stress to start the holiday with due to the number of taxi touts around arrivals!

We didn’t bother using the hotel transfer on way back. As a local taxi was a lot less!

Once we arrived at the hotel, we asked about the transfer and was told it wasn’t booked. We showed the reception the confirmed email to which he only then apologised and said his colleague must have ‘forgot’ to book it.

We had arrived early so rooms were not ready but we were able to leave our bags. We had booked two single rooms. Overall they were ok. They were clean and tidy. They had two bottled waters, which were a one off and not replaced. The rooms also had a fridge. Beds were ok.

One of the rooms had a mosquito problem, and ended up getting bitten on the first night. I asked reception for help and they provided a spray to use, which helped. The rooms had safes but they didn’t work, or at least didn’t have any instructions to help set them up. TVs worked and had a mix of channels. Bathrooms were clean.

I noticed the hotel wasnt very ‘eco-friendly’ they replaced towels daily. Would have liked if they gave guests the choice. If they are hung up then will be used again but on the floor to replace. Like most major hotel chains do.

Breakfast was included. They describe it as the ‘best breakfast in town’. Again it was ok. Some hot and cold foods and an omelette station. Staff were not very observant. A number of times we went back for food and the tables had been cleared with no additional cutlery/ glasses. In addition the staff were helpful during the breakfast service, friendly and smiling but literally after 10am (when food was taken away) they were the opposite and not happy to help!

The annoying thing was the day before our check out we asked if we could extend our check out by a few hours as we had a late flight and would have liked to freshen up before the airport. We were told that the hotel was fully booked the next day and HAD to check out at 12pm. Upon checking their own website that night, they had at least 4 single rooms left to book?

I probably wouldn’t stay here again. Yes it was located centrally but found the hassling from the local restaurants tiresome and the hotel was just ‘ok’, nothing actually made me want to come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2022 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a base for a visit to Tunisia. The booking was through Booking.com. A few days before I was due to leave the UK, I had notification of a payment request through my credit card from Tunisia. I was asked by my credit card security to contact the hotel and find out whst was going on. I did so, and authorised the payment. While travelling to Tunisia I was notified of a second payment request, which again I authorised.
Imagine my surprise that when I arrived at the hotel I was told that my booking was cancelled. When I questioned that, I was told my credit card was declined. When I questioned that I was told by my credit card security thst the psyment was requested indicating that I was present in Tunis, when I had used my card in Cologne on use.
Basically my booking was cancelled because of the incompetance of the hotel staff.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kennethmE1294BE
Reviewed 11 July 2022

What a fabulous place to stay. A beautiful Art Deco Building right in the centre with easy access to the Medina, shops, restaurants, railway, etc.

The staff were efficient, helpful and friendly from the Reception to the dining room staff and housekeeping.

On arrival we were allocated a room on the lst floor at the rear of the building. There was a small block of flats not far from the hotel building where unfortunately there was a dog that barked a lot of the time which included late into the night and very early morning. It appeared to be left out on the balcony. I don't know what the hotel can do about this but it is a problem.

The next day we were given a room on the 3rd floor at the front of the building. So thank you to the gentleman at reception who arranged this. It was perfect, no noise and like the first room was of a decent size and comfortable.

The breakfast spread was great with hot and cold dishes and a lovely selection of cheeses, breads, pastries and much much more. A true feast.

A well deserved Excellent rating (despite the barking dog) and we will definitely stay again.

Room tip: 3rd Floor at front of building
Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Igirl
Hotel Carlton Tunis, Propriétaire at Carlton Hotel Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2022

We thank you for your overwhelming review on your last stay at Carlton Hotel Tunis which we are happy to receive.
We are delighted to read your appreciative comment about the hotel and the service.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Carlton Hotel Tunis in the near future.
Warm regards,