Hotel Majestic
US$100
US$173
US$168
Carlton Hotel Tunis(Tunis)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
US$89
US$86
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel is overpriced to begin with. It was raining and the doors leaked causing flooding inside the room. The Safe didn't work and it took hours for them to figure out how to fix it. It is extremely NOISY!! BUT THE WoRST part was the MOSQUITOS in the room. I did not open the doors as it was raining but the room was full of mosquitos. No help from the staff at all about this.

They gave me a "free drink" at the bar when I arrived but since I did not use it the first day they would not honor it after that... they never said it had a time limit.

The Breakfast was Horrible. No choice at all.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all if you can avoid it!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Let's start with the bad. It's noisy. Very noisy. The hotel is located right next to a tram line, which runs down a main road. On another side is a rat-run. On the third side is another tram line. If you're a light sleeper, be prepared to get a terrible night's sleep.

Next, it stinks. If you're not a smoker, you will hate it... but then again, you'll hate a lot of Tunisia, because everyone smokes. Everywhere. All the time. This hotel is no exception (the better hotels will have non-smoking rooms- not this place though).

Beds are uncomfortable, rooms are badly designed (yet another hotel with no electrical socket near the bedside table) and housekeeping & maintenance in the bathroom leave a lot to be desired (bad selection of toileteries, and some empty bottles left in the shower).

AND ON THE PLUS SIDE- the staff are very friendly and will bend over backwards to help. When I pointed out that my room was noisy, they showed me 2 rooms that I could change to, but neither were any better.

Breakfast is also pretty reasonable, if you can ignore the fact that the restaurant is small and there will probably be people smoking in there.

We were booked in there for 4 nights, but I could only manage 1. I changed to another hotel, which was a million times better (and only about €10 more expensive).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank nrg710
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I am a little indecisive about how to describe my stay: Impressive entrance with French colonial architecture that is well preserved, a friendly receptionist and friendly staff all around; however the facilities are run down; the food is not good- i am surprised at those who marveled about the breakfast, although if you are into heavy meat breakfasts you would like it. If you are a light sleeper bring your earplugs, which I generally do so the passing metro did not bother me early in the morning.
The location is excellent.
My room was not as clean as I would have expected and at a point I felt that everything was just falling apart: safe did not work they then told me they had locked it and that I should have asked them to open; room door needed to be slammed so it can close (sorry neighbors); wifi was free and worked great after changing my room from another in which wifi did not work fine.
Having said that please watch out s before changing your mind about staying here: I regularly visit Tunis, and I have yet to appreciate service at any hotel, in which I have stayed, and service seems to be something hotels skip over. So, this was good value for money in that sense; there is an excellent restaurant not far from there Lamamma which a Tunisian friend advised me to try and I did.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was in Tunis In novembre 2011. Very good atmosphère and people are enjoying their new freedom. I staid at the Majestic hotel. It's a little old style but clean, with a nice terrace and an excellent breakfast. The location is perfect and you can walk to the Medina in 10 mn.
It's a good value hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank GoguiMardjos
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is a historic hotel near the centre of Tunis. Built about 1914 and renovated over the past five years it only opened a few months ago. The staff are enthusiastic and eager to please. The rooms have 18 ft ceilings and balconies over-looking the avenue. Great cafe on the first floor terrace and a well equipped fitness room on the second floor. Lots of activity and plenty of atmosphere.

Room Tip: A junior suite isn't much more expensive than a single room but gives youi extra space and comfort if you are here for a long stay.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business