“Excellent choice in downtown area of Tunis”
Review of Hotel Majestic

Hotel Majestic
Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Tunis
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the majestic. The location is quite central yet off the main drag. Most of the central attractions are within walking distance. The room was quite nice - nicer than I expected and comfortable. The staff when I arrived was great. Haythem, the bellman, was such a great welcome to Tunis and made me feel immediately comfortable. The breakfast was good and the overall experience I had was quite positive. I'd certainly stay there again if looking for a nice place in the central area. It's a classic converted palace so the architecture is interesting and cool.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the upper floor street view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Majestic

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had a feeling we were the only guests. Nice and quiet. Beautiful archtecture and decoration. The area had seen better days and is a bit worn down. But it is close to everything (walking distance) and the breakfast and the coffee in the cafe is good. So are the view and the sunset over the park. Clean room and free wifi- very nice ! I would definetely come back if I ever visit Tunis again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

One of the things that I love to do as a tour operator, is to see how hotels will treat me when they don't know who I am. I book in under a different tour operator and see how they treat me. This is slightly more costly but worth it for future business to my own client so to speak. The Majestic Hotel passed with flying colors. They treated me well, gave me a splendid room. Service was excellent. Breakfast was extremely varied and healthy. The double doors shielded the room from a busy noisy street. The chamber maid could even speak some English and the receptionist was extra helpful. The building is in a very good condition and giving a taste of what Aristocrats had in years gone by. A great experienceintunisia all together.

Room Tip: I have been to this hotel several times and all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Djerbaman001
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Good location, in the centre. This hotel has large, clean and quiet rooms: if you are just looking for accommodation, I do recommend it. The restaurant is not up to the rest: repetitive menu and flavourless food.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank viandant
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was our second time at this hotel. Although the hotel itself hasn't changed much since our last visit, we have found out that the hotel is in a bad area for thieves and muggers.
We stayed 3 nights and was given a large room with a large bathroom, that had a new bathroom in but they left the old tiles on the floor, which spoilt the effect.
The traffic noise outside was atrocious but our room had 2 windows to keep the noise down. The cleaners were another story, they were dragging furniture round other rooms chatting loudly, in other words, get up everyone. The restaurant was no way worth the 30TD but one night we tried it, there was no choice, we didn't like the starters or dessert so we had a steak and were charged 30TD each. We hired a car from the airport which we found to be reasonable.
On the second morning my husband was targeted by pickpockets in the Medina, they only got £70, his phone was in his hand. That evening my bag was snatched from my hand outside the hotel, we gave chase but the robber got on a motorbike at the top of the street, so it was obviously planned. There was no air conditioning working and no fan to borrow.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank safish2000
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I didn't stay at this hotel. I got stuck in the hotel bar during Wednesday's riot. The staff was so kind and helpful even though I was booked in at a hotel that I couldn't physically get to. They helped me book a flight home and arranged a taxi. Thank you so much!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank voyageureviajera
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The food was not so good ( not fresh) and the spa it's closed after 19.
but the location it's great,near the bars,restaurants,stors.and it's very easy to find a taxi there.
but on the ather part it's so mutch trafic and a lot of smog.

• Stayed: January 2013