“Good value”

Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Tunis
Milano
“Good value”
Reviewed 23 March 2009

The hotel is conveniently located between the airport and the city center. The staff is very polite and helpful. The rooms are quite basic (no frigobar), but super clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good and complete (there's everything, from poached eggs to croissants).

• Liked — clenliness
  • Disliked — internet available only using you own laptp and at a charge. But in a emergency staff let me use the p.c. in thei office
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
montreal
Reviewed 14 February 2009

excellent hôtel, very clean, the food is delicious, the staf is helpful, I really liked my experience..not expensive for hotel in the down town.I'm from Montreal, and i recommande it.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank scheva
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Normally I write reviews about hotels where I spent at least a night. But this hotel just begged for a review singly based on the food that was on their menu. I had lunch here on thursday June 26th 2008 as part of a Tunis-Carthage excursion. But I exaggerate allready, since I nearly touched the lunch to be honest. It was a gruesome sight, beginning with the started, a salad that was very poorly prepared but still better than that which was still to come. The second course was pasta with turkey. Good news was the pasta, which was acceptable.

The turkey
Let me start by mentioning that I can understand that they do not serve the best food on the menu to hungry travellers that are passing by with busses with budget-limited excursions. That is perfectly normal. But there is a minimum, a level at which the cook should know his professional pride and not go below. This cook had no pride and what he served was a crude mix of bones, fat and traces of turkey. The looks of it, ruined my appetite for a long time afterwards and even the pasta I did not touch at the sight of the turkey. I have never looked at such a terrible plate of food in my whole life, and hope that it will stay that way.

I just warn about the downside to this place, apart from the fact that the photo with the light-effects gives to much credit to a quite dull accomodation close to the expressway. I hope that this hotel and it's restaurant treats other guests better than it did me.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — The Turkey
  • Stayed June 2008
4 Thank Willem_ter_Haar

Travellers are raving about these Tunis hotels

U.S.
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Stayed at the hotel for four nights and five days.

Hotel DuParc is splendidly clean! The public areas and the individual rooms are cleaned meticulously by staff daily! The receptionists are French, Arabic, and English speaking. They were very accommodating to my requests and prompt in responding to my questions. The room with one bed (king, I think) is large compared to other hotels. I like the mirrors in the room. Two big ones plus the ones in the bathroom! Lots of drawers and big closets. I see the cityscape and a football field outside my window as this hotel caters to the footbal players in
Tunis.

My package came with daily breakfast. it was a great breakfast - good starter with both hot and cold items. The croissants are to die for! Fresh and warm daily. Tried the fig jam as well. Tried the restaurant for one night and I was very pleased because the chef accommodated my request for a seafood special which is not on the menu.

The hotel is a 15 - 20 minute walk to the main drag/avenue. It has a concierge/tour desk. I took the option of hiring their private car for a tour of the countryside (north and south) for three days. I had fun during the drive.

Tunisia is a secret gem in the Mediterranean, lots of blue sea, landscape similar to Greece, Roman ruins - tons of mosaics, amphitheaters, baths, sculptures, and ruins galore in the South of Tunis. The northern part is very green, mountainuous with intricate rocks jutting out from the water. Very spectacular. Tunis is like a European city - cafes on the sidewalk with ruins on the side streets.

I was able to see all of these majestic sights because of the creative planning of Noura from the front desk. Please ask for her. She is very accommodating and always inquiring about my welfare. My driver was Noor (sp) who was very patient and tolerant of all my questions about the area.

I have to admit that I did not do a lot of prep work before I came to Tunis because of work demands. Noor was very flexible in accommodating my schedule and tons of inquiries. He drove safely and patiently offered and waited for me while I browse the endless open-air and traditional museums, the souks, and sights.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I have experienced in Tunisia, the hotel, the sights, the people. It was indeed a pleasure!

I highy recommend Hotel DuParc. Excellent customer service!

• Liked — Accommodating and English speaking staff - reception, reservation, and driver
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank trimbab
tunisia
Reviewed 16 March 2008

I stayed in this hotel for one night (I was supposed to stay for 12) but was so put off by the experience I checked out as soon as I could. To start off, I believe the website is misleading in the way it presents the hotel and I don't believe its value for money. For less than I paid at the du Parc, I have found an infinitely more superior hotel to stay in, with better service, better quality, and better food.
The room I got at the du Parc was small and crammed. there was little space to move around and the room utterly lacked character. It was featureless and would compare well with a Formula 1 Hotel room. The bed was far smaller than the base, and although there was a sheet and bedspread on the bed, there was no blanket or duvet. The blanket I did get was cheap and coarse. The bathroom was miniscule, with a tiny cheap plastic shower that looked as if it was self-assembled. The shower fitting itself was simply a hand shower strung up on the wall, that could not be used as such. The walls of the room were paper thin, and I could hear my next door neighbour's every move. There was no mini bar fridge - which is pretty standard for hotels - and no directory of services guide in the room for the hotel. Although I had a decent meal in the hotel that night, the service was not particularly attentive. Unfortunately the breakfast offering the next morning was terrible. The milk for the cereal was off, and the bread on offer was stale. The hotel is situated on a busy drag, in a not very attractive area with little options for entertainment in the immediate vacinity. Although the hotel website suggests it is only 1km from Habib Bourghriba and the Medina, its more like 2.5 kms. Think twice about staying here if you are on a longer stay and want some measure of comfort.

• Liked — It was close to where I was working
  • Disliked — The poor quality of the room that was clearly at odds with the website description
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank rurquhart28
Leeds
Reviewed 10 February 2008

We stayed in this hotel on the first two nights of our trip round Tunisia. The home of oneof the country's top football clubs it has a lot going for it; comfortable clean well eqipped rooms, reasonable restaurants and pleasant staff. On the downside the bar closes early and there aren't many places locally to visit.

NB don't go to the 'cabaret spectaculaire' just 50 yards from the hotel alone!!!

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — bar closed early
  • Stayed April 2007
1 Thank jsdev24
Swansea
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I stayed at this lovely hotel in July 2005. I have visited Tunis on a few occasions however always opted to stay in another city/town as thought hotels in Tunis were lacking the character of the Moorish style hotels elsewhere.

How wrong I was. The Hotel Du Parc is a modern hotel with a Tunisian feel to the reception. Although not in the traditional Moorish style, the Hotel Du Parc was certainly not one of the bland, concrete boxes that most modern style hotels are.

The only way to describe it, is as " a luxury hotel in minature".

The staff are extremely helpful and polite without being overbearing. The room I stayed in was superb. There is no other word for it. I was totally taken aback by the standard considering the relatively small cost of the room. I would have been happy to pay much more for this standard of suite. Yes - a suite!. I do not know if all rooms are this size or if we were just lucky (my husband is Tunisian, so perhaps that had something to do with it!)

I am afraid that I cannot comment on the food (as we ate out in the City), however we did have breakfast one morning and it was excellent.

With regard to the location - the Hotel Du Parc is situated within the Financial District of the City which is only a short walk from the centre of Tunis. You certainly have the best of both worlds as you are close to everything, however when you are ready to relax it is very quiet once the workers have gone home from the banks.

All in all I cannot fault the hotel. I will definately be going back again this year. It is perfect for a few days sightseeing in the City and comfortable enough for a longer stay. However, if you are staying there for the duration of your holiday it would be worth checking out the nearby swimming pool (as the hotel does not have its' own).

In my opinion this hotel is a real gem on one of the few quiet roads in the busy City of Tunis.

Stayed July 2005