“Charming venue, exquisite food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shop Cafe

Shop Cafe
Ranked #29 of 158 Restaurants in Harare
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
“Charming venue, exquisite food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My friend described the food as "fireworks" in her mouth! A simple yet elegant setting, unique vegetable buffet and everything was fresh. The chefs/owners of the place have a great sense of humour and make you feel at home as soon as you walk through the door. I have been there several times and have never been disappointed. First place I recommend to anyone for a healthy lunch!

South Shields, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with family and was moderately busy. Staff were very accommodating and kind. Our waiter recommended their home made lemonade and it was lovely. We had steak rolls which were very nice although a bit pricey. Watching the monkeys play as we ate was
Also entertaining. Would go again.

1 Thank JustLott
Harare
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great coffee. We went here for breakfast, the place was almost empty on a late Friday morning. We sat outside. The waiters were cute, polite and friendly. We lingered long after our fluffy omlettes with a generous helping of fresh crunchy salad were all gone. Delicious, delightful, (delovely!) - we couldn't believe we were still in Harare.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TapuwaM
Istanbul, Turkey
“Perfect food. Perfect setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Looking around the sinuous branches of old beloved trees, eating fresh delicious food, three courses at least, in a relaxed an interesting courtyard, digesting the world class culinary delights while walking around a maze of delightful shops of hand made marvels and artisan craft is altogether one of the best things to do in town. Go.
I actually visited this little gem before all the date options on this website. Dec 2012 was the earliest date available and closest to the time i was there. But friends have gone on my behalf since then and every one rated it very highly, so I am submitting this review. The Shop Cafe deserves it.

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC
“good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I arrived at Shop Cafe around 1:30 for lunch, and all but one of the tables were full and the lunch buffet was nearly bare. The first waiter that approached told me that the buffet was finished and he'd get to me when he had time, but he didn't give me a menu or take a drink order. After quite a wait, I was finally served my a much nicer waiter who apologized for the fact that I had been waiting and finally gave me a menu. Aside from the buffet, the lunch options are fairly slim, and the buffet prices appear to have increased since many other reviews were written-- a small (bread) plate is $12 and a large (dinner) plate $18, and it comes with lemonade and a bread basket. The second waiter was nice enough to let me get the buffet, and only charged me for a small plate given the wait and the slim pickings.

My salad was quite good, but would have been overpriced at $18, and the cappuccino was good as well. It was a nice lunch, but not as fabulous as the reviews led me to believe. The second waiter was the savior of the experience.

I suggest getting there at 12:30 when the buffet starts to be able to make the most of it.

• Visited October 2013