“Friendliest stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Harare
Johannesburg
“Friendliest stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Great place super friendly staff, very helpful. I often travel to Harare for business and always stay at the Cresta lodge sometimes for a week at a time. The staff at Cresta lodge, Harare always go out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I have never experienced a better personal touch in any other hotel, the staff know me by name and even know how I like my coffee. The service is very good and they put in a good effort! Keep it up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 21 March 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our staff super friendly friendly and very helpful. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

General Manager, Cresta Lodge Harare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Have stayed at Cresta lodge for a night enroute to South africa.They were running a fantastic special rate which i thought unfair as i got to their rooms. I absolutely loved the modern fresh looking rooms. Staff were very friendly and service very good. The green scenery is also one thing i loved.

For a nice quiet place to think and breathe, this place is ideal.

Room Tip: pool facing rooms have stunning views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 3 March 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We enjoy a unique, tranquil setting in luscious gardens which we are happy you enjoyed.

We are pleased that you took up our special promotion and our product offering exceeded your expectations. We are delighted that you loved our modern, fresh looking rooms and found our staff friendly and our service good. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Cresta Lodge Harare for just a little over a week. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. When I was late for my breakfast and could not sit down to eat and just grabbed fruit as I was rushing for work, one of the ladies kept my breakfast coupon for me which I had left at the table, because my ride was late when I went back to eat she gave it to me and ushered to eat quickly so that I don't go hungry all day as my ride to work had now arrived. One of the receptionist guys also asked if I had a peaceful night in the morning because two nights before he had to put through a business call to my room around 1:00 am. Another staff member actually called me by my name, I was surprised that they would remember me among so many other guests. Even when my room door was faulty and I had to be moved to another room one evening , a staff member called me to ask if I was happy with my room.....this is the main reason I would recommend Cresta - For the friendliness and care that the staff give .

Room Tip: The rooms on the right ( with odd numbers) have a much better view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly, welcoming and helpful. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I stay at the La Cresta Lodge for a week on a business trip.
I had a business suite room and was very nice. I loved the laundrey service, very professional and discreet. The bar in the lobby is very friendly with good service. The restaurant, which offers a buffet breakfast, was very complete.
You feel a nice sense of security with the gates and guards.
The garden and the pool gives you a sense of tranquility and you almost feel that you are in a game park.
On the way to the airport is very convenient and traffic is very smooth in this part of town. Fairly close to city center too.
If you are in Harare for business I raccomend this hotel, to unwind after a long day of work.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 8 January 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to host you for a week during your stay in Harare. We are pleased that you found our accommodation and facilities to be to your liking. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at the Cresta for one night following a long flight
The staff were very welcoming ,helpful on arrival and at any other time of contact.
The hotel is currently being renovated. We declined moving to the renovated side as we were already settled in one of the old rooms. The room was clean. The rates were reasonable. I enjoyed the dinner which was reasonably priced.Location is good just outside Harare's CBD area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 23 December 2013

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us after your long haul flight, and that our staff were available to make your visit a pleasantly memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

CHENNAI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Cresta Lodge offers affordable 4-star accommodation
high standard dining
good service
separate bedroom
spacious bathroom
175 air-conditioned en-suite rooms.
75 twin rooms
100 double rooms
rooms are equipped with satellite TV,
tea/coffee-making facilities,
direct dial telephone,
hairdryer, radio and shaver points.
Baby cots are also available,
a family-friendly accommodation

Room Tip: all rooms so fine so good
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 18 September 2013

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Having stayed at the Cresta Lodge for a month while on business in Harare may I say what a pleasure it was to be in a hotel where the staff, food, and accommodation were to such a high standard. This hotel easily surpasses other establishments,especially in Europe, where staff seem to have forgotten how to smile.
My refurbished room was well appointed with a walk in shower, multi channel flat screen television,free unlimited wifi, fresh linen and towels, plus the most comfortable huge bed I have seen in a modern hotel.
The buffet breakfast and dinner were excellent with a wide choice of cuisine for every taste at very reasonable prices. If you have any special requirements just ask the chef.
Housekeeping and front desk are very helpful,if you have a problem,it will be resolved.
As a seasoned traveller I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
DC from Lincoln UK

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room, especially if you are staying for more than one night. More rooms are open...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Duncan C
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Cresta Lodge, Harare. We would like to thank you for staying with us and hope that we will see you again.

We are particularly pleased that you found our refurbished rooms comfortable and to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback regarding our staff is appreciated and encouraging.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience during your stay at Cresta Lodge, Harare. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Yours sincerely,