“Home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Harare
Mutare, Zimbabwe
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent hotel in a serene environment with well manicured gardens, and very friendly and helpful staff, making your stay pleasurable. I regularly travel to Harare on business and this is my hotel of choice. The last time I was there, I forgot my iphone charger in my hotel room and the staff kept it for me till I collected it.

1 Thank Francis C
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 2 May 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

General Manager, Cresta Lodge Harare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 31 March 2014

we had launch for one of our products earlier this year.i really appreciated the prompt response and courteous staff who helped make our launch success.Given it was a breakfast cocktail the food served was very much appropriate and tasteful compared to a lot of hotels and lodges meals.i also managed to have a look at your rooms and must compliment you of the neatness and cleanliness.i hope to do be doing much more business with you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 8 April 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor and congratulations on your a successful product launch. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and facilities.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were booked here by employers and did not know the place at all. It's a little bit far from the city center but situated in extremely pleasant surroundings, a lovely garden, well maintained ground. Some carpets and other fixtures could do with replacement but the place is kept very clean. What we really appreciated the most were the staff, all of them from reception to restaurant, housekeeping, extremely friendly and helpful. My husband had forgotten his spectacles and not only did they find them but they made sure we got them back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 21 March 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to note that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working team. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Comfortable rooms - great service - friendly and helpful staff - good food at a reasonable prices or a choice of a good selection at the buffet. Beautiful grounds with a pool - relaxing atmosphere for those with busy schedules all in all lovely!

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to have been able to meet your needs on this visit. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Great place super friendly staff, very helpful. I often travel to Harare for business and always stay at the Cresta lodge sometimes for a week at a time. The staff at Cresta lodge, Harare always go out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I have never experienced a better personal touch in any other hotel, the staff know me by name and even know how I like my coffee. The service is very good and they put in a good effort! Keep it up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our staff super friendly friendly and very helpful. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Have stayed at Cresta lodge for a night enroute to South africa.They were running a fantastic special rate which i thought unfair as i got to their rooms. I absolutely loved the modern fresh looking rooms. Staff were very friendly and service very good. The green scenery is also one thing i loved.

For a nice quiet place to think and breathe, this place is ideal.

Room Tip: pool facing rooms have stunning views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CrestaHotels, Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, 3 March 2014

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We enjoy a unique, tranquil setting in luscious gardens which we are happy you enjoyed.

We are pleased that you took up our special promotion and our product offering exceeded your expectations. We are delighted that you loved our modern, fresh looking rooms and found our staff friendly and our service good. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Cresta Lodge Harare for just a little over a week. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. When I was late for my breakfast and could not sit down to eat and just grabbed fruit as I was rushing for work, one of the ladies kept my breakfast coupon for me which I had left at the table, because my ride was late when I went back to eat she gave it to me and ushered to eat quickly so that I don't go hungry all day as my ride to work had now arrived. One of the receptionist guys also asked if I had a peaceful night in the morning because two nights before he had to put through a business call to my room around 1:00 am. Another staff member actually called me by my name, I was surprised that they would remember me among so many other guests. Even when my room door was faulty and I had to be moved to another room one evening , a staff member called me to ask if I was happy with my room.....this is the main reason I would recommend Cresta - For the friendliness and care that the staff give .

Room Tip: The rooms on the right ( with odd numbers) have a much better view

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our staff friendly, welcoming and helpful. Such positive feedback from our valued guests is very encouraging to our hard working staff. We are delighted to have been of service to you and look forward to your next visit.