“Excellent value & warm reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bowood Lodge

Bowood Lodge
Bowood Lodge
Ranked #13 of 50 Harare B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value & warm reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed at Bowood Lodge for 5 nights - the owner - Christine - could not do enough to help. The (cheaper) room I had booked had a renewal & so I was upgraded to one of the more expensive rooms gratis. Christine & her family were friendly & helpful without being intrusive. Room was clean & bathroom with shower just what I needed. The daily power cuts were dealt with by Christine starting up the generator. Christine provides wifi - personally, because of large downloads, I walked to a cafe 5 minutes away where I could purchase much faster download speeds (Chill Spot). Thoroughly recommend & excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bulawayo, Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My family and I had to stay in Harare for two weeks and, based on previous experiences with B&B's, I was very hesitant to make the booking. I could not have been more mistaken. From initial contact, I found Lance so helpful and his attention to my individual needs was impeccable. From there it only got better. We felt as if we were part of the family. We were able to relax in a very tranquil garden with the sound of waterfalls cascading into a pool below. During our stay we got to know Christine and Lance and I'm happy to say that we have made new friends. The accommodation is clean and cosy and the breakfasts made by Tendai were a fantastic way to start the day off. I can't imagine a more welcoming and caring environment away from home. As a bonus, the rates are extremely reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend Bowood Lodge to any traveller, be it business or pleasure. I will be returning to Harare in November and will definitely be checking in once again. Thanks to Christine, Lance and their team for a wonderful and most relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms are en-suite. Twin bed rooms (2) share a bathroom which is great if you are traveling as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Bowood Lodge in July 2013. I had the feeling of being part of a family with Christine being so kind and ressourceful, It was a great stay and I wish I could go back to discover more of this beautiful country! The lodge is cosy, clean and peaceful in a residential part of Harare. Tendai would cook amazing breakfast with always a smile and Gibson was the best taximan in town. Be prepare to bring back some nice scupltures from Zim. Check out Chris and Richard from Newlands Market at 0773993232.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great hospitality and a great time had by myself, my family and by the other guests staying at the time. You won't go hungry when it comes to breakfast either. If I'm ever passing through Harare, I'll be in touch.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

A great place to stay in Harare. The house was spacious and had a large garden with a tennis court, swimming pool and we were entertained by the guinea fowl running around. The food was also fantastic. Christine (the owner) was very helpful and really makes the effort to ensure that her guests love the stay at the lodge and also get the best experience of Zimbabwe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ae1054
dsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

One of the best places I've ever stayed in my travels - friendly, comfortable, and very welcoming. Christine and Kirsten really went out of their way to make me feel at home. Strongly recommended for anyone else staying in Harare.
Adam

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Adam d
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed at Bowood Lodge in January 2013, from the moment I arrived Christine was so warm, welcoming and ever so helpful. She also helped with a taxi pickup from the airport which she arranged earlier. Upon my arrival i was greeted with a warm smile and very loving dogs. My room was clean, peaceful with on suite. Breakfast was prepared at the time I requested - with a great view of the garden and pool. The staff are ever so helpful and are friendly to chat with. Christine goes way beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable and always happy to answer questions. You do feel as if you are in your own home. Bowood lodge is a walking distance to supermarket - yes it is safe to walk around. From the other places i stayed at in Harare this is the one i will come back to..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo