“Superb guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harare
Sunshine Guest House
Ranked #11 of 61 Harare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Absolutely brilliant stay at the Sunshine guest house. The rooms and grounds / pool are lovely and very secure. The owners are the nicest and most helpful people you could ever meet and helped make our stay one of the best holidays I've ever had. 100% recommendation to stay at this guest lodge if you are in Harare, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 April 2013

After a very demanding bus ride with a break down and a delay of 2,5 hours, it was a delight to be welcomed even close to midnight with a cup of tea and a friendly chat by our hosts.
Art and comfort complimented each other, privacy and yet family atmosphere, the staff was so amazing - we became friends even after a few hours. The garden with a spa, a pool and amazing little sitting corners, launch chairs invited for relaxation and enjoyment. What a closing for our amazing time in Zim.
We hope to be back for longer next time.(-:

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I am so glad that we found this place. I will come back again and again. Sunshine is set in a lovely compound, all staff and the owners are super accommodating and friendly. The owners really take care of you and the whole place-- they are organized and on top of service, guests' needs, and safety and security without being overbearing. The room and grounds are very clean. Breakfasts and dinners are delicious. (Though lunch is a bit expensive and lacking in options/variety). Wifi is available throughout the complex if a little slow (which is the best you can ask for). In short, this place is a gem. I will make this my home and away from home in Harare-- they certainly make it easy for us to do so!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stone S
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Sunshine Guesthouse for 3 nights when I went to Harare for my bestfriend's wedding. I enjoyed every bit of my stay. This boutique facility was so cozy, comfortable, welcoming and made me feel like I was home. The ambience from the morning to the evening was what I would have expected from a perfect holiday. Every corner of this little haven was special, the patio, the poolside, the gardens and the little shed where we had outdoor dinners. The food was great and the staff and owners were literally like family by the time I left. I would highy recommend this guesthouse to anyone looking for a super comfortable stay in Harare. I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sabra S
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This Guest House felt a little like Heaven to us, after our long flight from the U.S. What a special treat to rest in such beautiful and peaceful surroundings. The Owners and Staff do everything to make you feel at home. The food was delicious, and prepared to our desires. My husband and I spent a little over a week total between August and September 2012. We travel once in a while to Zimbabwe, and are so happy that we found Sunshine Guest House. The Owners made us feel so at home and were also very helpful with any questions we had with directions or information about their beloved Zimbabwe. We just can't say enough good about this beautiful retreat, and the beautiful people who made us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: The rooms are all lovely, and it depends upon your needs, and price point.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleen O
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Wow! How do I begin? My husband and I visited Harare Zimbabwe from August 16th-August 28th 2012. We stayed here at "Sunshine Guest House". Well let me tell everyone, it was the best experience we have ever had. We are from the states and had looked at almost all the hotels in the Harare area. But when my eyes hit this I couldn't stop looking. The owners are a wonderful husband and wife who TRULY know how to treat you like royalty. Their staff was impeccable, the food. And it was a quiet place to relax and think. I encourage everyone, should you go to the Harare area, please check out the Sunshine Guest House.We plan to return to Harare. They are continually looking for new ways to make sure their guests are treated well. So if anyone has already been and you enjoyed and haven't written a review. Please do!

Room Tip: The Master Suite is wonderful! You have a view of the pool. .
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank p d
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Fellow travelors- Can you relate? I was so tired when I got to the Sunshine Guest House. It was after 11:00pm and after 24 hours of flying. And yet they met me cheerfully and got me to bed right away. The service --with Evelyn leading the efforts- made me look forward to the next breakfast. Evelyn's soft voice and knowledge of the community helped me learn about her, the community and what was really going on. For example, she explained by sharing what she knew and did not "tell me" when I asked her about the transfer of Zimbabwe’s money to using the US dollars. Complicated topic but she was clear and factual and let me create my own opinion. Of course when I met with my businesses this insight was key to me understand their needs. Highly recommend this hotel. (a middle aged American--Catherine)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business