“I got my moneys worth”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Harare
Johannesburg, South Africa
“I got my moneys worth”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

i spent one night on 21st February 2014. Excellent service from the moment one walked into the beautiful foyer. Having initially gone through reviews from the other guests ,i requested to be given a tour of my very spacious room before i paid and everything was in working condition. The staff was amazingly helpful and willing to go the extra mile, most notably from Thandi and Nobuhle.The food was great too. No complaints whatsoever. Compared to all other hotels that i have been to in Harare, i am going to recommend Crown Plaza to anyone looking for a refreshingly world class standard.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mthabisi M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights between 10 to 13 February 2014. On the first night I arrived to late for dinner and ordered room service. The speed and service was good and the food above average. My air conditioner never worked and I requested a normal fan. I stayed in room 1217. The air conditioner technician was in my room and couldn't fix the problem. By 00h45 the issue was not resolved I had to endure the heat with very little natural ventilation as all windows has been screwed down to a 10 centimetre opening only to allow some fresh air to enter. The room was also invested with cockroaches. The next morning I again complaint to all the staff I came across. The breakfast is buffet style and was good. The evening I returned my client for which I am doing work in Zimbabwe arranged for another room and I moved across to 1903. This room was cockroach free but again the air conditioner didn't work, even after the technician tried to fix something that he knew he couldn't fix due to problems outside of his control. That day I got a fan. The evening I got to my room late and ordered room service again. Again the food was good(fish, vegetables, salad and fruit salad). The next morning's breakfast was good as usual. The staff is very friendly, the room service is good, laundry is expensive, the gym is well stocked and well located, the pool is very nice. I didn't see or used the spa and therefor please ignore my rating on the spa

Room Tip: Get a room with an air conditioner that works
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LazenbyPretoria
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear LazenbyPretoria,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is nice to know that you liked the food that was served. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning and some other quality issues you have experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that these matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that these impacted your experience at our hotel. +

Karen G.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 February 2014

perfectly absurd that they would charge USD 250 nightly

2 of their 4 elevators never left the 18th floor on my visit and you had interminable waits for the lift

service was fairly good but that would never make the hotel a good value

Zimbabwe is due to come out the Dark Ages and there will eventually be some competition in the market there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank numberoneson
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear numberoneson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst on Business. The staff are the Hotels outstanding asset and refreshingly cheery!

There is a great ala carte restaurant ..Monos which serves great steaks and fish.Recommend that one...there's also a buffet dinner which double as breakfast room.

The Rooms are lovely spacious and properly decked out.Maybe slightly dates but have a quaint feel....Free Internet all over was a welcome bonus.

There is a small gym and small outside pool but both well used..

I would recommend it highly..great time was had...

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank VinnyHar
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I was staying on the 9 th floor and my room was invested by Mosquitos. How that happened I still have no idea. It is terribly expensive and the quality of service and food mediocre at best. The internet is intermittent and the tv signal snowy. As a singly traveller avoid the bars and lounges in the hotel. You will just be harassed by ladies of the night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Henk S,

Ben J
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Kuda

I enjoyed my 2 nights in the Crowne Plaza Harare - Monomotapa during my holiday August 2013, front desk and other employees in the Hotel offered good help. The service was so great and the food was excellent. Internet and t.v services where top notch!Excellent view and atmosphere, would definitely come back for my next holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a good view in the middle of the arch :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kuda2014
Malveira, Portugal
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was at the Crown Plaza for three nights and I found it really excellent - the rooms were very good, the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient, breakfast was great, the food at the bar was also good. I didn't try the restaurant attached (Mono's, I think), not did I try the swimming pool and the fitness center. The swimming pool looked small but nice. Nice views to the park nearby. As it is so close to the National Gallery of Art of Zimbabwe, drop by to visit and take a peek at the shop - it has quite unique pieces.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business