Rainbow Towers Hotel
Priceline
US$107
US$72
Agoda.com
The N1 Hotel Harare(Harare)(Great Value!)
US$79
Orbitz.com
Bronte Hotel(Harare)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssheraton hotelbusinesszimbabwemeetingusdcbd
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Infrastrucrue seems to be old..Needs maintainance. Some basics needs to be improved comapred to the charges. there are some other good options in the similar price range. Japanese Restaurant was the best part..Different experice and good food. Breakfast was monotonus every day without any variations. People are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff are great! Hotel is quite old but still goog. The green area (park, gardens and pool) are very well maintained. Rooms quite simple and not 5*! Two good restaurants and bars. The attached conference center very populated on sunday.

Room Tip: Experienced some problem with room pass-card. The reception was not able to fix it. Please check your card. AmEx not accepted.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Francesco P
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is quite old, showers are not the best, air conditioning wasn't working properly. Lifts are extremely slow. Best part about this hotel is the Japanese restaurant which was very good. Service was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RTGuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We would like to thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback on your stay at the Rainbow Towers Hotel.

We would like to apologise for the inconvinience caused to you during your stay. We want to assure you that we are working towards the issues you raised to ensure that your next visit is much more comfortable.

We deeply value our customers and always want to provide seamless service, only because our customers deserve the very best.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Don’t expect the quality for the price you are paying. I am staying here as I write, February 2014. I have been here for almost a week in Harare for work, and have another to go. People are exceedingly pleasant, but there are a lot of frustrating aspects to staying here that I would not expect from a hotel trying to position itself as a fine hotel. Most frustrating is the wait for elevators, which can seem trivial, but after 2 minutes go by and there is no option for stairs (15 floors in the hotel), it is a patience test. I have been told a major part of the reason is that the staff elevator is out of order, and indeed, the staff seem to be using the elevator more than the clients. Other quirks include the internet, for which you have to get little pieces of paper for to enter to access, and then your time runs out and you need to get another one. Need paper, pen, or change for a $10 – well, it turns into a walk around the lobby to get such basic service that most hotels of this quality is sure to have ready and willing. The food is outrageously prices for Harare – for instance a $30 breakfast buffet. Because of its location, there is not many options so one must take a taxi for alternatives, which is at least $10 round trip, not to mention very convenient. I list this last because people staying here may be okay paying the more expensive prices for food, etc. But related, they may also expect service that is a notch up per my earlier comments. Of course one is in “Africa” and should not expect the same service as in more developed contexts, but then isn’t that why one pays more for their accommodation? But as I initially wrote, the people are exceedingly friendly, which helps to offset the other concerns.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sgchaplowe
RTGuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

The Rainbow Towers Management would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience on your recent stay at the hotel. We would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvinience caused to you throughout your stay at the hotel.

I would like to assure you that as a hotel we are taking necessary corrective measures on the major areas of concern which are as highlighted above: elevator efficiency, food & beverage pricing and general responsiveness.

As hotel, we strive to ensure our guests’ experience is flawless throughout their stay.We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. We do hope the rest of your stay will be enjoyable and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at the rainbow towers hotel, formerly Sheraton hotel harare from the 02 to 09/12/2013 on business .

The gardens are beautiful and well manicured. There were lush green. The foyer/ reception area is beautifully designed.

Checking in was cumbersome. I arrived at the hotel at 1300hrs and the rooms were not yet ready. I was told to come back after 30 min. Knowing the level of service I came back after 2 hours and still the room were not yet ready. I had to sit in the foyer for at least 30 more minutes before I got a room.

For such a big hotel with many floors about 14 I think to have only 3 functional elevators is a shame . I waited for a good 5 minutes before the elevator finally made it to ground floor . Coming down from the third floor was a nightmare. The lifts coming down were almost always full. Please Rainbow towers management do something about the elevators.

The room I was given was ok. It was obviously dated, in need of some sprucing up.the toilet shower glass was broken and always let water spill on the floor. The carpet was dirty. The air con/fan was not working , only blowing cols air even when temperature set to 35*C.

WiFi was readily available and free which was really nice. They allowed you 500MB of data per coupon given with the option of getting more coupons as needed.

The hotel staff were very friendly. They always start the greeting with "refreshing morning, refreshing afternoon or refreshing evening.

I went for dinner in their buffet restaurant called Kombahari which means sitting around a cooking pot in Shona. I had stir fry sweet sour chicken which was very tasty.

Overall not a bad hotel but can be much better.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank impudzi
RTGuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

A refreshing evening to you,

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us feedback about your recent stay at The Rainbow Towers. We genuinely value your input as it helps us in correcting ourselves where we fall short. On behalf of the relevant departments which you noted, i would like to assure you that we have already started taking corrective measures to eradicate our short-comings which caused discomfort during your visit i.e. check-in process, room set up and elevator efficiency.

I sincerly do hope that during your next visit to our hotel, your stay will be much more REFRESHING and flawless than your first visit.

Best regards,