I've recently returned from an excellent 3 night stay at Kingsmead Guest House.
It was my first visit to Zimbabwe and I felt right at home here.
1. The décor is tasteful and of excellent quality.
2. They have the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in.
3. The staff are only too happy to assist with requests.
4. There is a full DSTV bouquet in the rooms and a PVR at the bar.
5. They have fibre optic wifi.
6. The garden is immaculate.
7. Breakfast is tasty.
8. It is secure, with electric fencing & panic buttons for all guests as well as a generator for power outages.
The only thing I found a little wanting was the heating. There are electric blankets that were most welcome but it felt like the panel heater on the wall wasn't that effective given the size of the room. Also the hot water in the shower seemed to run out a bit quicker than I would have liked.
(But it's a small complaint - I consider myself blessed in having avoided the water & power cuts that one hears about in Zimbabwe)
It is quite obvious that there is a spirit of excellence in all that is done at KGH.
Please keep up the good work :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Kingsmead Road, in the heart of Borrowdale, is the newly-built Kingsmead Guesthouse. This owner-run establishment provides luxury accommodation with all facilities one would expect from a deluxe guesthouse. Kingsmead Guesthouse caters for both the business and leisure traveller seeking a peaceful atmosphere in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Kingsmead Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.