“Great insight”

Walking with Lions at Victoria Falls
Ranked #8 of 44 Tours in Victoria Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Africa's first genuine programme to ethically re-introduce the offspring of rehabilitated captive-bred African lion back into the wild, helping safeguard the future of the king of the beasts. Join us for a lion walk and learn all about this fascinating creatures!
London, England, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great insight”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was a fantastic experience and a bit scary to be so near to these creatures. I felt very sad for the lions that there were notable to roam free, this is probably because I got to see wild lions in Botswana.

1 Thank RupertCM

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Round Rock, Texas, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing walk with the lions”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very close encounters with the animals. I thought the group I was with was a little big but other than that it was an amazing walk.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A definite must do”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This activity is worth every second and every minute and also every penny. Though this should not be done in the wild, this gives a good learning experience and time to walk with them.

Monrovia, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lion tale”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I loved the way they use tourists to pay for a program that is attempting to re-populate the big cats in Zimbabwe. I love the knowledge, safety and security of the walk. I loved watching the lions "tolerate" our presence and the knowledge they would soon be re-programmed to enter a pride and repopulate the wild lions. Across Africa poaching, diseases and encroachment upon their feeding territory has depleted all big cat populations by as much as 80%.

1 Thank lhunzeker
Coolum Beach, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Walking with Lions”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a way to spend the morning! An unforgettable experience. The lions, we walked with two fourteen month old lionesses, were just lovely, and extra amazing was the fact that they were destined to be released into the wild in the future. It was incredible walking alongside them, out in the open where other wild animals might've been around the corner, we were well guarded though so no worries there. The guides were terrific, very friendly and knowledgeable, and truly committed to the lions. They made sure everyone had ample time actually walking alongside the lions and then sitting with them whilst they reclined in the sun! The guides also took terrific photos for us on our own cameras, I think they knew more about cameras than we did! I found this to be one of the highlights of my trip and would go again in a heartbeat! If you are going to Victoria Falls don't miss out on this fantastic experience.

Visited June 2014