“Dirty rooms......lovely gardens”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria Falls
Lorries Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am guessing that I did not have the same room as the other people had! My room was dirty. There were no pillow protectors on the pillows and sticking out was the dirtiest old stained pillows. Luckly I had my own little travel pillow. As there was no headboard the wall was almost black with grime. I was very careful to make sure I did not see under the bottom sheet to the mattress!! The floor was dirty and as for the bathroom.........yek!
I met another couple who had stayed there and I found out that they had been charged half of what I had for supper. As you can imagine I was not happy. They had stayed in different rooms and it sounded like their room was a lot better than mine.
I am happy to do basic but not dirty.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Karenzahw

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Wonderful place with very friendly staff. All suggestions for activities were excellent and well thought out given we had 2 teenage kids with us.
Rooms were comfortable and clean.

Great asset is the little pub where conversation with the local residents is entertaining and interesting. Be sure to ask about the 990 billion check on the wall!

Staying here with a family will require use of a taxi, however Lorrie has a wonderful driver. We loved Peter.

As an extra activity consider a visit to the Rose of Charity orphanage for kids whose parents have died from HIV. Wonderful kids and very dedicated staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Guy L
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Lorries' lodge is a very nice place where you can experience the life of the people there.
You have a great garden, a bar where people from Vict Falls like to have a drink, and most of all a very warm atmosphere, with Lorrie, always ready to help you and give you advices, Clive her very nice partner, and George, the 81 years old man in charge of the bar.
This is simple, clean and very affordable (around 40$ per person, which is really cheap compared to all big hotels around)..
You can eat there also.
The value is excellent for the price!
You can contact Lorrie at this email adress : lorrie@mweb.co.zw
Aurélie H

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rélie M
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We had a great time at Lorrie's B & B-- the gardens are beautiful, the rooms comfortable, and the whole place has a homey feel. We were greeted by Lorrie and Clive after arriving very late-- since we hadnt eaten dinner and the restaurants were closed Lorrie prepared some food for us! Breakfasts were delicious, loved the always available tea and coffee. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for reasonably price rooms that focus on comfort rather than frills. When i tried to book had trouble finding contact info, so I asked Lorrie for her email: lorrie@mweb.co.zw. Phone: +263 13 42139. One note: there are 2 cute dogs who are very friendly, so if you really dislike dogs, this is probably not the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank chiquitanita18
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I have been to Africa several times now and we always stay with Lorrie at her B&B in Vic Falls. She took great care of us on our first trip when we had much to learn about travelling in Zimbabwe- she and George have always taken such wonderful care of us every time we go there. I cannot imagine ever going to Zim without going to see them. She can and will arrange everything for you and makes sure that all goes well. Make sure that you stay there for dinner as her chicken curry is the best! We consider the whole lot our family now and forever.
We are writing this review as the first one worth our advice.

Room Tip: Select the "Guest House" if it is available.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack and Dawn H
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at Lorrie's Bead and Breakfast. Upon arriving, we were welcomed by the beautiful garden full of green and Lorrie and Clive's sweet smiles.The room was cozy, clean, and very well-sealed so we didn't have to worry about mosquitos sneaking in during the night. Loved their breakfast--so fresh, tasty and filling. They were all really nice and helpful sharing with us tips to get around, honest opinions about what activities to try, and such pleasant conversations whenever we stopped by at the bar/common room. They really made our stay here special, and I would love to stay here if and when I visit Victoria Falls again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kanassyma
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Lorrie's B&B is a great value in a sea of ridiculously expensive hotels. The room was simple but very clean, comfortable, and spacious. The pub is friendly and inviting. Breakfast is a big spread with great food, fresh and cooked to order. The grounds are beautiful, graced by the presence of some wild birds. Arranging an airport pickup from Lorrie will save you money over picking up a taxi upon arrival. Lorrie, Clive, and George really took care of us with travel tips and detailed instructions for getting around the Falls. Lorrie did my girlfriend and me a huge favor by allowing us to check out late on our day of departure.

If ever visiting Victoria Falls again, I will definitely stay here again. I have been traveling for a year and a half and this is the first review I have written. I just felt so welcomed by Lorrie. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
#9 of 16 in Victoria Falls
Ngoma Zanga Lodge
Ngoma Zanga Lodge
#6 of 18 in Livingstone

Been to Lorries Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!