“Lorries B&B, Victoria Falls”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria Falls
Lorries Bed and Breakfast
Givat Shapria
“Lorries B&B, Victoria Falls”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I have just returned home after a month travelling in Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana & Zimbabwe) with my wife and 3 daughters (14,12,7). The last night of our trip was spent at Lorries B&B in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. We spent 2 amazing days in Vic Falls. An important element in our amazing time in Vic Falls - was Lorries B&B.
Lorries had been recommended to us but we had no idea what we were in for. Lorries is run by Lorrie and Clive with George helping out in the Bar - two wonderful people who put their all into ensuring that their guest have a memorable time in Vic Falls. The location of Lorries is perfect. Its in what is called a low density suburb - minutes from the town center by taxi. (Lorrie organised us a taxi driver (Peter) who would come pick us up, take us to where we want and then pick us up again.
The B&B is lovely. We had the cottage (2 large on-suite bedrooms, large lounge, with an area with 2 additional beds). My girls thought the bedrooms were "princesses bedrooms" so we had to use the 2 extra beds in the lounge area, while they were in their fantasy bedrooms. Soon after we arrived the girls dived into the swimming pool that is in the center of the property and had a good time playing in the pool and with Lorries two dogs - both very playful and creating that true home atmosphere. We sat in the bar and started talking to Lorrie and Clive - it was like being in Africa of old. We got our bearings from Lorrie and then Peter picked us up for a trip to the market and bungee jumping off Victoria bridge. That night we sat in the Bar and listened to stories from Lorrie, Clive and George. Clive is an ex farmer and George is a retired military officer. It was so interesting listening to the stories and learning about Zimbabwe's history, present and their views on the future. Also at the bar was Ian, a renowned environmentalist who shared a bit of his wealth of information about wildlife in Zimbabwe. Great guy.
Lorries B&B is an experience in itself and I would NOT visit Vic Falls again without staying at Lorries. Its simple, very comfortable and charming - great value. 10 out of 10 on my scale.

Room Tip: if you are a family - ask for the cottage.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ari L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Salisbury
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am guessing that I did not have the same room as the other people had! My room was dirty. There were no pillow protectors on the pillows and sticking out was the dirtiest old stained pillows. Luckly I had my own little travel pillow. As there was no headboard the wall was almost black with grime. I was very careful to make sure I did not see under the bottom sheet to the mattress!! The floor was dirty and as for the bathroom.........yek!
I met another couple who had stayed there and I found out that they had been charged half of what I had for supper. As you can imagine I was not happy. They had stayed in different rooms and it sounded like their room was a lot better than mine.
I am happy to do basic but not dirty.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Karenzahw
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Wonderful place with very friendly staff. All suggestions for activities were excellent and well thought out given we had 2 teenage kids with us.
Rooms were comfortable and clean.

Great asset is the little pub where conversation with the local residents is entertaining and interesting. Be sure to ask about the 990 billion check on the wall!

Staying here with a family will require use of a taxi, however Lorrie has a wonderful driver. We loved Peter.

As an extra activity consider a visit to the Rose of Charity orphanage for kids whose parents have died from HIV. Wonderful kids and very dedicated staff!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Guy L
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Lorries' lodge is a very nice place where you can experience the life of the people there.
You have a great garden, a bar where people from Vict Falls like to have a drink, and most of all a very warm atmosphere, with Lorrie, always ready to help you and give you advices, Clive her very nice partner, and George, the 81 years old man in charge of the bar.
This is simple, clean and very affordable (around 40$ per person, which is really cheap compared to all big hotels around)..
You can eat there also.
The value is excellent for the price!
You can contact Lorrie at this email adress : lorrie@mweb.co.zw
Aurélie H

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rélie M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We had a great time at Lorrie's B & B-- the gardens are beautiful, the rooms comfortable, and the whole place has a homey feel. We were greeted by Lorrie and Clive after arriving very late-- since we hadnt eaten dinner and the restaurants were closed Lorrie prepared some food for us! Breakfasts were delicious, loved the always available tea and coffee. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for reasonably price rooms that focus on comfort rather than frills. When i tried to book had trouble finding contact info, so I asked Lorrie for her email: lorrie@mweb.co.zw. Phone: +263 13 42139. One note: there are 2 cute dogs who are very friendly, so if you really dislike dogs, this is probably not the place for you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank chiquitanita18
Gibsonville
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I have been to Africa several times now and we always stay with Lorrie at her B&B in Vic Falls. She took great care of us on our first trip when we had much to learn about travelling in Zimbabwe- she and George have always taken such wonderful care of us every time we go there. I cannot imagine ever going to Zim without going to see them. She can and will arrange everything for you and makes sure that all goes well. Make sure that you stay there for dinner as her chicken curry is the best! We consider the whole lot our family now and forever.
We are writing this review as the first one worth our advice.

Room Tip: Select the "Guest House" if it is available.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack and Dawn H
Fujisawa, Japan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at Lorrie's Bead and Breakfast. Upon arriving, we were welcomed by the beautiful garden full of green and Lorrie and Clive's sweet smiles.The room was cozy, clean, and very well-sealed so we didn't have to worry about mosquitos sneaking in during the night. Loved their breakfast--so fresh, tasty and filling. They were all really nice and helpful sharing with us tips to get around, honest opinions about what activities to try, and such pleasant conversations whenever we stopped by at the bar/common room. They really made our stay here special, and I would love to stay here if and when I visit Victoria Falls again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple