“Horseback safari”

Zambesi Horse Trails - Day Tours
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had a great ride into the brush, saw impalas, whitebuck, baboon, warthogs, and cape buffalo. Our guide was very good, I felt safe even with the buffalo bull staring at us intently! Nice experience.

1  Thank NANAJAN-OHIO

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Me and my husband did the 3 hour horse trail in the National Park. It is absolutely amazing and we saw up close elephants, springbok and buffalo (that was a little scary!) . The pace of ride is fairly slow obviously around the animals, we managed to trot in some more open spaces but generally it would be suitable for the inexperienced rider. If you go at the right time of year apparently you can even ride through the water! They provide you with a drink before and after but not during. Hats and chaps are also provided.

4  Thank jane-ewan
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I, my hubby and our two kids visited the Zambezi National Park recently. We opted for the horse riding. For me and my hubby this was not something new. However, it was the first horse riding experience for our kids. The long horse ride at the Zambezi National Park was great. It is still a memorable experience. My kids too enjoyed it. Watching the game from so near was exciting. They were freely roaming in the wild. Usually we had watched only encaged wild animals. So this was definitely a new experience. We loved the Zambesi Horse Trails Day Tour.

4  Thank sweet_candy32
Reviewed 10 June 2011

It was a truly great experience at the Zambezi National Park. I and my wife took up horse riding and it was amazing. Though I have gone for horse riding before, for my wife it was completely a new experience. The guides did a great job in making us feel safe and secure. They professionally handled everything and there was nothing to worry about. Seeing wildlife in nature is something different from seeing them encaged in the zoo. They seemed happy to be in their own habitat. We could see quite a lot of wild animals from close proximity. I wish we had taken our children too. The next time we visit this park, we will definitely do.

3  Thank robinson_1234
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We (family with 2 adults and 2 young children) went horse-riding in the Zambezi national park for around 2.5 hours in Dec. It was an outstanding experience. The guides were superb - they took special care of our kids. Our 5 year old was on a horse on his own, being led by a guide in another horse while our 3 year old was with another guide throughout. The experience was safe and professional. We saw various wild animals and the highlight was viewing wild buffalo just around 30 feet away. The elephants were very far in the bush and the kids were getting tired and so, could not see these. Overall, will give this a 5 star experience! We booked this attraction through Shearwater and it was great.

2  Thank Tiramits