“Nice time on the horses”

Zambesi Horse Trails - Day Tours
Gibsonville
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice time on the horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

It was wonderful to see wild animals upclose on horseback- they were not spooked in the least.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Jack and Dawn H

Jewett, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Horseback safari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had a great ride into the brush, saw impalas, whitebuck, baboon, warthogs, and cape buffalo. Our guide was very good, I felt safe even with the buffalo bull staring at us intently! Nice experience.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank NANAJAN-OHIO
newcastle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“great safari experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Me and my husband did the 3 hour horse trail in the National Park. It is absolutely amazing and we saw up close elephants, springbok and buffalo (that was a little scary!) . The pace of ride is fairly slow obviously around the animals, we managed to trot in some more open spaces but generally it would be suitable for the inexperienced rider. If you go at the right time of year apparently you can even ride through the water! They provide you with a drink before and after but not during. Hats and chaps are also provided.

Visited April 2011
4 Thank jane-ewan
Lisbon, Portugal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“It was a new experience watching the game in the wild”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I, my hubby and our two kids visited the Zambezi National Park recently. We opted for the horse riding. For me and my hubby this was not something new. However, it was the first horse riding experience for our kids. The long horse ride at the Zambezi National Park was great. It is still a memorable experience. My kids too enjoyed it. Watching the game from so near was exciting. They were freely roaming in the wild. Usually we had watched only encaged wild animals. So this was definitely a new experience. We loved the Zambesi Horse Trails Day Tour.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank sweet_candy32
Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

It was a truly great experience at the Zambezi National Park. I and my wife took up horse riding and it was amazing. Though I have gone for horse riding before, for my wife it was completely a new experience. The guides did a great job in making us feel safe and secure. They professionally handled everything and there was nothing to worry about. Seeing wildlife in nature is something different from seeing them encaged in the zoo. They seemed happy to be in their own habitat. We could see quite a lot of wild animals from close proximity. I wish we had taken our children too. The next time we visit this park, we will definitely do.

Visited May 2011