On arrival at approximately 11.30am, we had to wait reception for some time (the young ladies at the front desk seemed disinterested or distracted) before being attended to only to be told that we couldn't check in until 2.00pm. There was no room for compromise which was a little disappointing. Had lunch at the onsite restaurant while we waited. For the price, the portions were small but the food was fine and the service was good. Checked back in at 2.00pm and we were directed to our accommodation which was clean and well maintained. Unpacked and headed for the shower only to find that there was no soap and very little toilet paper. I had to ask one of the laundry staff to organise supply of said items which arrived over an hour later.
Had our evening meal at the restaurant and again, the portions were small but the food and service was good. Our stay included B&B so we were looking forward to breakfast next morning. A full cooked breakfast was most welcome but to be charged for an extra cup of coffee? Disappointing to say the least. We decided to again give the restaurant a try for dinner. Same problem with the portion sizes but the clincher came when our waiter brought the main course to the table before we had finished our starters. Fortunately I was able to report this to the lady Manageress who assured me she would speak to the staff member.
Lots of 'average' experiences during our stay, hence the rating. I would think twice before staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victoria Falls Self Catering and Camping Accommodation at the Vic Falls Restcamp is the best budget accommodation available in the Victoria Falls, ZIMBABWE. The Rest Camp is situated right in the middle of Victoria Falls town in Zimbabwe making it a perfect place to be based with all amenities within walking distance. The Restcamp is only 2km’s from the falls making it the closest campsite to the Victoria Falls. The security around the camp is a top priority with high stainless steel fences and electric fences making it first-class. The rest camp boasts numerous well maintained grass areas and an abundance of different varieties of trees making the surroundings in the camp very enjoyable. It makes this restcamp very popular for families as children have a safe and secure scenic environment to play in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Victoria Falls Rest Camp & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Falls Rest Camp Hotel Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Rest Camp And Lodges