First of all, if you are not a "camper" then look elsewhere. The facilities are pretty basic. If you are there for camping then it's an average spot. I stayed in the lodge one night. 2 single beds, a chair and a table that were a bit shabby looking, but it was clean enough (although I decided to sleep in my sleeping bag on the bed). The showers are communal (in the room I stayed in), but the water is warm and as a single woman traveler, I felt safe getting up and going out early in the morning to the bathroom. Lots of insects, so be prepared for that if you're squeamish, but nothing out of control. The baboons running around were fun to look at, as long as you remember to close your windows. They are quick to "borrow" your stuff. The restaurant is pretty good and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is the best as it is in the centre of everything - shops, restaurants, and close to the falls. The annoyances were the loud music by the road (if that annoys you, I was ok with it for the most part) and the vendors at the back/front/side fence trying to sell you stuff. Vic Falls is super touristy, so you just have to deal with it. I camped on the grassy area near the back fence for 2 nights and I actually preferred that to the rooms. The staff can help you to organise tours easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victoria Falls Self Catering and Camping Accommodation at the Vic Falls Restcamp is the best budget accommodation available in the Victoria Falls, ZIMBABWE. The Rest Camp is situated right in the middle of Victoria Falls town in Zimbabwe making it a perfect place to be based with all amenities within walking distance. The Restcamp is only 2km’s from the falls making it the closest campsite to the Victoria Falls. The security around the camp is a top priority with high stainless steel fences and electric fences making it first-class. The rest camp boasts numerous well maintained grass areas and an abundance of different varieties of trees making the surroundings in the camp very enjoyable. It makes this restcamp very popular for families as children have a safe and secure scenic environment to play in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Victoria Falls Rest Camp & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Falls Rest Camp Hotel Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Rest Camp And Lodges