“A great lifetime experience”

Wild Horizons Gorge Swing, Highwire & Adventure Slides
Ranked #3 of 44 Tours in Victoria Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: For years we have watched the Falcons soar above our rafts and the Kingfishers hover above our canoes and for years we have, along with millions of guests, looked up and wished the universal wish.......imagine being a bird! Wild Horizons brings this dream to life with activities that will simply blow you away! Nothing could bring you closer to what it must be like to fly...! GORGE SWING! "Zero Gravity" Imagine swinging in a child's swing in the playground...now imagine a giant swing 95m long and 120m high above water...now imagine a 70m free fall before you begin swinging. Stop imagining and test your courage! Our Gorge Swing is suspended across the gorge at a point where the width is 316m and 120m deep. A harness is attached to the jumper and then the jumping ropes, the other end of which is pivoted to the middle of the cable. The jumper leaps off the edge of the gorge, free falling about 70m before going into a 95m long pendulum type swing. THE ZIP LINE (FOOFIE SLIDE)! Experience the adrenalin rush traveling a speed of 106 km's hurtling 425m across the gorge, while suspended 120m above the breath taking beauty of the Zambezi water below! As the river zigzags down the Batoka Gorges, our cable is suspended across from one side to the other. For this product you are harnessed and attached to a pulley, then launched over the edge picking up speed as you descend over the water and reaching a speed of 106 km an hour. THE FLYING FOX! Take a running jump into thin air over the chasm, soaring horizontally through the air over the turmoil of the Zambezi below. The gorge at this point is 200 meters wide and 120 meters deep. This is a great appetizer before you try the Zip Line and Gorge Swing.
Davis, California
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“A great lifetime experience”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I did zip line with Wild Horizon company. It was really lifetime experience for me. I got a very nice view of Victory Gorge while I was haggling in the middle of the line waiting for staff to come to switch my cable. The view was awesome, which is unable to see from the land; unfortunately I did not have camera with me.

Staff was really warm and friendly. They were very responsible and made you feel very safe. I ordered video and so gland I could share this wonderful experience with my family and friends.

Besides zip line, they also offer flying fox and gorge swing at this location. I Highly recommended this day tour company.

Cordova, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing and Exhilarating”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had 2 days in Victoria Falls and got to do 3 activities through Wild Horizons. The highlight of the whole 2 week safari for my boyfriend was the Elephant back safari. We thought we'd just be riding around a small area on elephant back but this was a full Safari drive with knowledgeable handlers and you really got to bond with your elephant-we had Jock! The surprise visit by Sylvester the Cheetah was a once in a lifetime experience and I applaud their work. My favorite excursion was the White Water rafting. AMAZING! We knew about the walk in to and out of the gorge but had no idea about the amount and difficulty level of these rapids but Colgate was an AWESOME guide and we only flipped once and according to Colgate, we did a "proper flip". We are in our early 50's and were probably the oldest ones on our tour and this was a definite check on our bucket list. We are so proud of ourselves and could not have accomplished this if it hadn't been for Wild Horizons and Colgate. After these 2 experiences, the Sunset cruise was a wonderful and relaxing way to end our stay in Victoria Falls

Livingstone, Zambia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked through Wild Horizons at Illala Lodge and were given all required information and the price quoted included pick-up transfers and drop-offs at the hotel we were staying at. The driver arrived on time, and was polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend using Wild Horizons for all outings in Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe.

Attleboro, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Guides”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We used Wild Horizons for all our travel accommodations in Victoria Falls- they provided transport, daily excursions and border transport to Zambia. They were incredible. They walked us through every aspect of what was needed, what would be happening and pick up/ drop off times. It went rather seamlessly for being in a foreign country with little international travel under our belts.
Going above and beyond- we hadn't booked an activity for our Saturday evening because we wanted to go on the Steam Train, which unfortunately was not running during our stay, so we decided on the Elephant Back Safari- however when we went to sign up it was completely booked. The Wild Horizons Guide in the office actually called up and had us fit into another tour since we were leaving the next day and he didn't want us to miss it. Really amazing!

Decatur, Georgia
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Take the Zip Line Tour over Victoria Falls”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Wild Horizons offers a number of tours in Victoria Falls. I took the zip line tour and it was safe and a lot of fun. I was picked up at the hotel and returned to the hotel after the zip line event. All workers I saw were operating with super safe methods and everyone I came in contact with was fun and very helpful. I would do it again over and over.

I also took a morning tour of Victoria Falls with another group from Wild Horizons and was very pleased with the guide and the service.

Visited September 2013