“Great hotel in Victoria Falls ”

Elephant Hills Resort
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Victoria Falls
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great mid range option for those wanting to explore Victoria falls and maybe do a day trip to Chobe National Park . The room I had was new with two flat screen tv s in each room and new bed linen etc . It looked very new and recently refurbished . Nice touches included fresh flowers in the room and a welcome fruit basket . The hotel is huge with a golf coarse a gym and large dining area . It's worth getting up early to watch the sun rise and if the falls are in full flow you can see the smoke that thunders from the hotel and walking the grounds . There is also various wildlife wandering around the grounds and keep your windows closed as monkeys like to raid the room for sugar . The food we ate for breakfast and dinner was good . The staff where extremely friendly and very helpful at all times .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Elephant Hills Resort

Reviewed 23 November 2013

A little more extravagant than I am used to. Service was great; I came in one afternoon as they were doing room service on the rooms in my hallway (not my room), and the person welcomed me by name. The food in the restaurant was great. There is a place to book various activities, and they have a shuttle that will take you directly to Victoria Falls.

My room was on the 2nd floor. Baboons and warthogs are very easily spotted from the hotel (they are on the hotel grounds, especially the golf course). Outside my room, but inside the hotel, there was a hotel which was a cool but a little distracting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I hosted a conference at the Elephant Hills Resort for the second time. 200 attendees enjoyed this spectacular venue for 4 days. I was there in 2007 for a similar meeting and it was good to see the improvements since then. The hotel was busier, the food was excellent, everything was properly maintained and the air conditioning worked. The hotel staff was extremely co-operative. My guests were complimentary of the hotel. It's convenient to Vic Falls. ( You can see the mist from the hotel.) This is an exceptional venue for couples or conferences. Very helpful stall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TnBookworm77
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We spent 6 nights at this charming resort. The best part was by far the service. Everyone went above and beyond to help us at every turn from taking bags to our rooms, helping us find our way around, and just checking on us during our stay. They have an amazing golf course, the grounds are well maintained, great pools, and again the customer service was excellent! The internet as mentioned was not great in our room, but we had good service in the common areas and outside our room. The shuttle service was great taking us into town. We had a large group during this stay (in the hundreds) and they met every need we had. It was neat to watch the animals like warthogs, impala, and monkeys. We saw elephants at the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ally H
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Let me have a subjective opinion on those who gave bad reviews of this hotel. I really-really don't understand those guys who travel to Africa, pays 100 euro / night and expect the same quality of service / internet etc like in Europe. This is simple not working in Africa. I know that for 100 euro people can already stay in Kempinsky in Europe but guys, if you want to have a Kempinsky level service in the middle of the Black Continent, please open your pocket and pay 400-500 euro/night.

And now my opinion. The hotel is simple good. The receiptionist and the other guys in the restaurant and everywhere in the hotel are very nice people. Helpful and wants you to make yourself at home. I was in the room 549 and yes!!! the bathroom should be updated but all the other equipments was fine, the internet was working well, okay it is not superfast but working. I had no problem how to stay in touch with my family.

The dishes in the buffet is really a bit monoton and repetative. The management should turn more attention on this issue. I stayed five days there and I tried all kind of diner variations. The quality of the foods are okay, nothing special but I could expect more. This is the only reason why I gave 4 points.

When I left the hotel I got a T-shirt from the receiptionist with the Elephant Hills log on it because of the long stay. The hotel is 5 km far away from the city, the shuttle bus and the driver is commuting punctually. Worth to stay there a couple of days and try the other services too.

And finaly, don't leave the door opened especialy you are accomodated to a garden view room. I left it so for 2 minutes and when I returned from the bathroom two apes was in the room. Fortunately they only wanted to steal some sugar :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank PhiltheGroundhog
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My partner and I recently came back home after 5 weeks touring Africa from Nairobi to Joburg. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst in Vic Falls. The hotel had been booked for us through our tour operator - Nomad Adventure Tours. It is a really beautiful hotel with lovely spacious rooms and a great pool and massive golf course. The staff there were always happy to help and the rooms were always cleaned well. The only two things that were a disadvantage were the distance from Vic Falls itself and the food. You can't walk into the town, as it is in the middle of a national park so animals wander free. There is a free shuttle bus running every hour though - it would have just been nice to be closer to the actual falls. We ate there the last night, and although service was good - they don't offer an actual menu, it's all buffet food and really not that great! However, you could easily find somewhere else to eat in Vic Falls and the food and location should not bother you too much, as it really is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank annie211088
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Business standard hotel, stayed one night. Room was comfortable with a river view - beware of the baboons if you leave the doors if the balcony open. Breakfast selection very good but coffee was awful. To get to town there is a shuttle that runs once per hour (up to 5pm) or take a taxi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple