“Good Value Nice Hotel in Vic Falls”

Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Victoria Falls
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

This is very not the fanciest hotel in vic falls by a long way but it is much much cheaper than most of those places. For only $75 per night for a double room for two this was great value. It is very clean, has friendly staff, beautiful pool, AC and lovely breakfast. The dinner was not so good however I would recommend visiting the actual vic falls hotel for dinner as that was fantastic as well as quite cheap in dollars. Tourism Services Zimbabwe is based in the hotel lobby & can arrange any activity you want to do also. Obviously excellent location too but need a taxi to get to the falls but only costs $5. Overall very good value decent hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank SXR101
rainbowhotelvicfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

A refreshing day to you SXR101, We are delighted that you had a lovely stay with us and thank you for highlighting your dinner experience which we are currently working on.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

The Victoria Falls Rainbow Team

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a good experience at the Rainbow Lodge. Our rooms were very clean and the staff was quite friendly. We walked into town along the road during the day. At night I would take a cab since there can be elephants out and the road is pitch black. Kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DanielM1515
rainbowhotelvicfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

A refreshing day to you DanielM1515

I hope you and your family travelled well back home. Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback and we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon.

The Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel Team

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Rainbow Hotel in Vic Falls was just perfect. The facilities, service and food were superb. Free WiFi very much appreciated. The Rainbow cost half as much as the more famous Victoria Falls Hotel but I can't imagine that any hotel could be better than the Rainbow. Most of all, I enjoyed the sincere welcome by the hotel staff and their obvious desire to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. They succeeded!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnAGraham

A refreshing day to you John A Graham

We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

The Victoria Falls Rainbow Team

Reviewed 18 October 2013

As previously mentioned on other reviews, the hotel is a budget hotel (2 stars) at best however it is clean and full of old colonial charm. The a/c in our room was obviously out of freon however Issac in maintenance gave it his best effort. We had a few routine hiccups including loss of reservation upon check-in although we had paid in advance. We had arranged for transfers to/from the airport that never showed. The hotel key card continually got deactivated; the refrigerator was as useless as the a/c. The converters that you bring never work with the old outdated outlets in the room and neither does the one they provide; that is if you are lucky enough to get one. The flies around the breakfast buffet is extremely off putting but no one seems to think it a health hazard.

As I mentioned the best thing about the hotel is the staff; if not for Patience, Letsi, Issac, Hillary and the other bellmen, porters, etc., I would have quickly moved to another hotel. The only rotten apple in this bunch is the day supervisor Mathilda. She needs to go! Upon our arrival, our reservation couldnt be located in their system despite our other friend's reservation (made at the very same time as ours) being found immediately. No worries; I patiently waited as ghe s oured their system and even showed them our prepaid confirmation. I also mentioned how I had requested a room refrigerator in order to keep medicine properly chilled. I got the crazy blank look of confusion but still a smile so I tried not to worry. However after 30 minutes of scrambling back and forth to the back office to whisper to the manager (Mathilda) and profusely apologizing, our room is finally ready however we are told the room doesnt have a refrigerator. Only after I become irate and begin demanding my monies back so I can go to another hotel then the front desk goes and gets tired and bored-looking Mathilda. Without compassion for our trials and tribulations due to their incompetence and poor computer services she tries to once again say that they dont provide refrigerators. When I tell her this was previously requested and that no email or return decline of our request and I can show her all of the prior correspondences then she reluctantly authorizes the refrigerator. However she gets the last laugh as I may as well have left it where it was as it was also useless and probably out of freon as it was so hot.

All in all this would not be a place I would knowingly choose to stay should I ever revisit Vic Falls again however I would gladly recommend their staff; everyone except Mathilda! She could really use some customer service training; she should take several lessons from Patience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mel C
rainbowhotelvicfalls, General Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

A refreshing day Patricia S,

I hope you and your mum travelled well back home. Thank you for your most valuable feedback which always helps us to improve our service delivery in the hotel. I have taken note of all the highlighted areas of which some are already work under progress. We will ensure that such will not be the experience at Rainbow Victoria Falls Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future to a refreshing hotel and amazing experiences.

Patience Musonza

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Lovely hotel and great staff... I don't know why but me and my partner was blessed to be given the honeymoon suit. I was so shocked. It was amazing room with a living/dining room attached. Staff always on hand to help even though they couldn't understand my Yorkshire accent...would go back in a heartbeat
Thanks for a lovely 4 days :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank devinya
rainbowhotelvicfalls, General Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

A refreshing day to you Devinya.
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we so much look forward to hosting you again on your return.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Typical African old colonial style that lacks proper maintenance. Awful beds and bedding, willing staff, very average food. Hopeless bar. Nice pool.
Once was great.
Handy to town centre.
Very poor air conditioning.

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyandDiane

A refreshing day to you TonyandDiane,
Thank you for the valuable feedback on issues that need our attention, some of which is work in progress. We assure you that next time you come and stay with us the hotel will have greatly improved. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Poor beds and bedding. Inadequate air conditioning. Food average. Very old colonial hotel that is past its prime. Nice pool, poor bar. Handy to town.
Pleasant staff. There are some other lovely places to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianeinOz

A refreshing day DianeinOz,
Thank you for your most valuable feedback. We have taken note of all the issues you have highlighted and will ensure an improved product upon your return.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future